Spendor Classic 3/1 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
The new Spendor Classic 3/1 are built around a totally new generation of Spendor drive units. Featuring advanced polymer and Kevlar cones, cast magnesium alloy chassis, high-efficiency motor systems, optimised electro-dynamic damping and excellent thermal dissipation, they deliver a truly captivating sound with unprecedented transparency and dynamic contrast.
The Spendor Classic series is designed to bring you closer to the soul and heart of the music and puts enjoyment and musicality over everything. Over five decades Spendor Classic loudspeakers have earned iconic status as the reference standard for many audiophiles, musicians and professional sound engineers. Inspired by the enthusiastic world-wide response following the introduction of their flagship Spendor SP200, for 2017 Spendor are introducing the most significant performance improvements ever across all models.
This is the warmest and richest sounding series in the Spendor lineup that lends itself closest to the traditional "British" sound signature. This doesn't mean what you are getting is a colored sound, you will actually find a mostly neutral experience with a forgiving nature that will leave a smile on your face.
These are must listen experience and a loudspeaker you can place into any situation. They also scale up with electronics far beyond their price point and if you fall in love with them you will find endless joy getting more and more out of them with every upgrade you make along the chain.
- New Spendor EP77 Polymer cones
- Bass drivers with Kevlar composite stabiliser domes
- New cabinet design with magnetic grille
- Two elegant natural veneer finishes – Cherry and Natural Walnut
- Calibrated and matched to broadcast reference standard
- British design and manufacture
- 2-way reflex stand mounted loudspeaker
- HF drive unit 22mm with fluid cooling
- MF / LF drive unit Spendor 180mm
- Sensitivity 88dB for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Crossover point 3.7 kHz
- Frequency response 40 Hz to 25 kHz
- Impedance 8 ohms nominal
- Amplifier Power 25-150
- Cabinet (HxWxD) 395 x 220 x 285mm
- Weight 10 kg each
Reviews & Awards