Lumin U1 Mini - Hi-Res Network Music Streamer Transport
DISCONTINUED BY LUMIN
The same outstanding LUMIN musicality in a more affordable package.
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, we decided to investigate the possibility of making the LUMIN transport technology similarly accessible. The result is a huge specification in a compact package.
Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area - except price.
Transport-only unit combines the best of LUMIN U1 and LUMIN D2
- Identical processor supports DSD256 and 384khz playback
- Quad native clock system for precision timing
- Low noise shielded switching power supply
- 5 types of digital audio output including USB
- MQA Core Decoding
- Resamping to every supported format up to DSD128
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
All the usual LUMIN refinements
From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "the most convenient interface in existence" by TINMAN
LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
- Roon Ready
- Spotify Connect
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
- Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
- Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
- Volume control
- High-resolution artwork
- Artwork caching
- Multiple tag handling
- Composer tag support
- Album-grouping in playlist
- Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
- Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Qobuz)
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
- Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
ANALOGUE AUDIO OUTPUTS:
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 8.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- Leedh Processing lossless digital volume control
- Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements