AudioQuest PowerQuest 3 - Power Distribution
Whether your system is a basic TV/sound bar combo or a full-on home theater setup, AudioQuest's PowerQuest 3 makes advanced AC power protection convenient and affordable. It provides effectively twice the noise filtration of the PowerQuest 2.
Unlike conventional designs, the PQ-3's non-sacrificial surge protection prevents both high voltage and current from damaging your gear, and ensures that the PowerQuest unit will not fail over time.
The PowerQuest Extreme Voltage Shutdown feature continuously monitors incoming power. In the case of over-voltage (140V or higher), the power to your equipment is switched off. When voltage returns to a safe level, power is automatically reconnected. A handy switch also lets you manually cut power to all connected devices.
The PowerQuest models were developed by AudioQuest's AC power guru, Garth Powell, who has designed some of the best power conditioners money can buy: AudioQuest's award-winning Niagara series.
Like AQ's lower-priced PQ-2, the PQ-3 filters out more line noise and distortion than typical conditioners, improving the sound and picture quality of connected devices. It handles the differential noise that is present on the utility AC line, or backwashed via your home's electronic appliances and components. And AQ's patented ground noise dissipation technology effectively deals with this elusive type of noise, too.
Where the PQ-3 exceeds the PQ-2 is in its ability to defeat "common-mode" noise. This type of RF noise is generated by cell towers, AM/FM, Bluetooth, and shortwave signals. The AC power leads pick this noise up like antennas.
The PQ-3's slim profile is designed to fit tight spaces and can be oriented either vertically or horizontally. The pre-attached high-quality AudioQuest power cord adds another small performance edge.
- Total of 8 protected AC power outlets
- 2 high-current outlets for receivers, amps, sound bars, and powered subs
- 2 4K/8K video-optimized linear filter outlets with additional ground noise dissipation technology to maximize TV/projector performance
- 4 linear filter outlets for audio/video source components, computer, modem, or router
- 1 set of coaxial RF input/output jacks for cable/satellite TV
- 1 set of in/out RJ11 telephone jacks
- 1 set of in/out RJ45 network jacks
- 4 USB charging ports (2 top, 2 side)
- PowerQuest Extreme Voltage Shutdown shuts off power when 140V or higher is detected, and auto-resets once incoming power is within a safe range
- response time: 0.25 seconds
- non-sacrificial surge protection can withstand multiple 6000V/3000A input surges (the maximum that can survive a building's AC electrical panel)
- PowerQuest Ultra Linear noise filtering (addresses differential-mode, common-mode, and ground noise)
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 7-ft. high-quality AudioQuest power cord
- 15-1/2"W x 3-3/16"H x 7-7/16"D
- weight: 5.5 lbs.