Unison Research S6 Integrated Tube Amplifier
Unison Research S6 integrated valve amplifier was hailed by Hi-Fi World as “easily the best tube amplifier at the price”. The S6 is a class A design that uses 6 x EL34 valves and offers a rich, inviting sound, the S6 showcases the benefits of a carefully designed valve amp.
The Unison S6 integrated amplifier offers personality, refinement and aesthetics...and a totally new amplifier design from a mechanical standpoint. The latest version of the S6 has been steadily updated and improved over the years to the point where it is easily one of the most respected integrated amplifiers in the world. The contrasting highlights of the wooden inlays on the front panel also reveal the technical sophistication of this amplifier, emphasizing the pride of ownership that comes with a “Made in Italy” product.
It offers 35W per channel in triple-parallel single ended mode which might not sound like a lot, but you're rarely aware of any limitation if matched with average sensitivity speakers.
The preamplifier stage consists of two directly coupled triode valves. The output stage uses three EL 34-type valves for each channel, connected together in triple-parallel configuration and operating in single-ended Class A ultra-linear mode.
The output transformer in Unison Research tradition, has been specially designed and handmade in their own workshops and allows a very wide frequency response together with the highest possible sound quality.
Outputs are provided to cater for loudspeakers of both 4 and 8 Ohms. The mains power supply transformer is of generous proportions and will provide all the energy that may be needed by the amplifier under all conditions of use.
During the development stage, great care was taken to design for the absolute minimum number of components in the audio signal path, and thereby allow a close approach to the theoretical ideal of unimpeded signal flow.
All connections to both inputs and outputs are gold plated, which will ensure excellent electrical contact over the lifetime of the product. S6 offers excellent value for money with build quality and styling typical of a classic Unison Research products with a sound rich in refinement and authority. The S6 is supplied with a lift-up protect
- Ultra-linear, single-ended Class A integrated amplifier
- 6Ω output impedance for easier speaker matching
- Specially designed power supply to suit compact size
- Switchable toggle for changing effects of negative feedback
- Wood panel front plate adds extra damping to metal casework
- Clearly-labelled inputs and outputs
- Made in Italy
- Type: All-valve integrated amplifier
- Valve complement: 6 x EL 34, 2 x ECC83
- Operating Mode: Pure Class A
- Power stage: -parallel single-ended
- Output power: 30/35 Watt/channel
- Bandwidth: 20 – 50000 Hz
- Output impedance: 6 Ohm
- Input impedance: 47 kOhm Inputs: 5
- line Outputs: 1 tape
- Power consumption: 265VA max
- Dimensions : 35 cm x 21cm x 49 cm (L x H x D ) 14 x 8 x 19 inch
- Net weight: 25 kg 55 Ibs
- Fuses: 5x20 – 3.15 A T 220V to 240V
Awards & Reviews