Totem Acoustic Sky Tower Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
The Totem Sky Tower shares the same DNA that made Sky monitor such a success, like gigantic imaging, phase coherence, authoritative bass, and amplifier friendly compatibility. Remarkably, it does it all on a larger scale and with even more impact.
A customized 5.75” woofer designed for the larger enclosure gives Sky Tower the ability to descend deeper, all the way down to 36Hz. The world’s only 1.3” soft dome tweeter capable of extending to 30kHz also extends low enough to contribute to the midrange band for an enchanted charm to the most critical range.
To perfect its interaction with room acoustics, Sky Tower is mass loadable while a new high density composite Claw controls resonance, tighten bass, and heighten the soundstage. Any media at any volume is presented effortlessly with smooth detail. After all, it’s a Sky.
- High efficiency for easy amplifier compatibility
- Ultra slim design and aesthetic compactness
- Extremely dynamic performance
- Placement versatility
- Bespoke claw sound isolation
- Magnetic grills included for easy removal and longevity
- Custom designed 5.75-inch woofer with copper capped voice coil
- 1.3” soft dome tweeter with extreme dynamic capability
- Lock-mitered artisanal craftsmanship
- Industry unique Borosilicate dampening
- Sensational on and off axis response
- Exclusive, hard-wired crossover with large gauge air core coils
- Made in Canada
Totem crossovers don’t require many parts because of the synergy between our customized drivers, but the components are the world’s best. Our crossovers aren’t built on PCB’s because the laminated conductive tracks are weak and inconsistent. Instead they are secured to a thin piece of fiberboard or insulated polymers and components are mechanically crimped together because it simply sounds better. When we must solder, we choose WBT Silver Solder, the purest in the industry.
Meticulously hand crafted for peak performance that lasts decades. Lock-Miter assembly is an intricate woodworking procedure where edges physically interlock together. The resulting cabinet is up to 5 times stronger than conventional V Groove cabinets. Internal and external veneering resists warping, structurally fortifies, and ensures consistent peak performance. Industry unique Borosilicate damping manages dissipation, keeps the cabinet musically alive, and never deteriorates. Popular materials like poly fillers eventually decay, dramatically affecting the performance. Variable Density Fiberboard is denser at the extremities than the interior to reduce repetitive nodes and resonances.Two sets of high conductivity gold plated connectors efficiently capture the incoming signal for superior speaker performance and allow traditional, bi-wire, or even bi-amplification options. They accommodate a variety of connection options such as bare wire, banana plugs, and spades.
Machined from high-density composite, the unique geometric shape breaks up the standing waves to control surface resonance, tighten bass, and heighten the soundstage as it acoustically decouples the speaker. They are fitted with ¼” 20 thread inserts to accommodate optional spikes (not included) should the rare need for a spike arise, but they are neither needed nor recommended.
- Frequency Response: 36 Hz – 30 kHz
- Recommended Power: 30 – 125 W
- Woofer: 5.75″ (14.6cm) with copper voice coil
- Tweeter: 1.3″ / 3.3 cm Laser Etched Textile Soft Dome
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88 dB/W/m
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 33 7/16″ x 6 7/16″ x 9 1/8″ / 850mm x 162mm x 232mm
- Placement from rear wall: 9’’ – 3′ / 22.86 – 91.44 cm
- Placement distance apart: 2′ – 8′ / 60.96 – 243.84 cm
- Break-in Time: 70-100 hours
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz (First Order)
- Speaker Terminals: 4-way bi-wireable
- Weight: 31.3lb / 14.24kg