Totem Acoustic Sky Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The Totem SKY will make you fly to a whole new level of appreciation. A compact marvel for all types of source mediums, the SKY offers flexibility, liveability and lasting acoustic quality. The SKY delivers an ultra-stable performance specifically in critical vocal and definition areas. Slim, trim and visually self-effacing the SKY truly shines with the latest innovations in speaker design. You will be amazed by the ultra-wide spatial performance coming out from such a compact package.
The SKY is made with unique borosilicate dampening that controls energy release yet keeps the cabinet musically alive. A specially designed 5-inch driver, long throw characteristics, 3-inch voice coil unit with 500W peak transient capacity delivers a fantastic musical response. The Totem SKY was truly created for an age where value is put on a pure and honest musical rendition. Whether on a table top, in a book-shelf or on a dedicated stand, the Sky is optimized to work beautifully close to rear wall boundaries.
However, the SKY follows quite rightfully in this tradition and has also set new standards of its own. Launched worldwide at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas where, among 2.5 million square feet of displays and rooms by over 3600 companies, it managed to stand out from an overwhelming crowd and was named one of the 10 Stars of CES by the renown and discriminating What HiFi.
Sensational reviews around the globe have since followed. Purposefully designed to capture the broadest audience yet, the new Sky marries the signature Totem characteristics of enormous imaging, phase coherence, and remarkable bass response with amplifier friendly compatibility and prodigious power handling. Once again redefining the luxury bookshelf monitor category and true to Totem form, the Sky’s impactful auditory abilities defy the visual expectations associated with an attractive, conveniently sized cabinet.
Every single driver is completely unique to Totem and proprietary in design, engineered by Totem and then manufactured to the strictest standards to meet our parameters by the finest raw driver suppliers in the world. In some cases, where the technology is beyond the capabilities of suppliers or is wished to kept secret, Totem can and will build our own drivers. Every driver exhibits phase linearity, speed, emotion, off axis natural presentation, and spatial articulation.
- A high performance 5 1/4 -inch driver featuring long throw characteristics and 3-inch voice-coil with 500W peak transient capacity.
- A 1.3” soft dome tweeter and neodymium magnet assembly with extremely wide and tall dispersion characteristics that extends all the way out to 29.5kHz.
- Lock-mitered craftsmanship ensuring uncompromising cabinet rigidity that results in consistent performance for literally decades.
- Industry unique Borosilicate dampening manages energy dissipation in a desired, controlled manner within the enclosure while keeping the cabinet musically alive.
- Sensational on and off axis response to provide an enormous and lifelike soundstage.
- Providing the ultimate in versatility and placement convenience, the Sky can be placed close or away from a rear wall, free standing or in a bookshelf, on low boy style furniture or mounted higher on a wall, and even positioned as close together as two feet and still maintain perfect imaging and an enormous soundstage.
- Made in Canada
Totem crossovers don’t require many parts because of the synergy between our customized drivers, but the components are the world’s best. Our crossovers aren’t built on PCB’s because the laminated conductive tracks are weak and inconsistent. Instead they are secured to a thin piece of fiberboard or insulated polymers and components are mechanically crimped together because it simply sounds better. When we must solder, we choose WBT Silver Solder, the purest in the industry.
Meticulously hand crafted for peak performance that lasts decades. Lock-Miter assembly is an intricate woodworking procedure where edges physically interlock together. The resulting cabinet is up to 5 times stronger than conventional V Groove cabinets. Internal and external veneering resists warping, structurally fortifies, and ensures consistent peak performance. Industry unique Borosilicate damping manages dissipation, keeps the cabinet musically alive, and never deteriorates. Popular materials like poly fillers eventually decay, dramatically affecting the performance. Variable Density Fiberboard is denser at the extremities than the interior to reduce repetitive nodes and resonances.
Two sets of high conductivity gold plated connectors efficiently capture the incoming signal for superior speaker performance and allow traditional, bi-wire, or even bi-amplification options. They accommodate a variety of connection options such as bare wire, banana plugs, and spades.
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz – 29 kHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power: 30 – 125 W
- Woofer: 5.25″ (3″ voice coil) / 14.6 cm (7.6 cm voice coil)
- Tweeter: 1.3″ / 3.3 cm Laser Etched Textile Soft Dome
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB/W/m
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 6.35″ x 12″ x 9″ / 16.2 cm x 30.5 cm x 22.9 cm
- Placement from rear wall: 6″ – 3′ / 15.24 – 91.44 cm
- Placement distance apart: 2′ – 8′ / 60.96 – 243.84 cm
- Break-in Time: 70 – 100 hours
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz, 2nd order
- Speaker Terminals: 4-way bi-wireable
- Weight: 14.08lb/6.4kg