Totem Acoustic Signature One Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The Totem Signature One, designed for our 30th anniversary, is not a “comeback” of the famous Model 1 that launched Totem. It is an elevated, advanced monitor loudspeaker reflecting the progression of our engineering prowess and is primed to knock you out.
The spirit of the Model 1 lives deep within it but the Signature One is quite unique and its superior performance defies comparison. An imposing 6.5-inch mineral infused woofer derived from the Forest driver is mated to a 1” aluminum dome tweeter housed in a rear chamber. Designed simultaneously to achieve the best phase relationship, their synergy is perfected by a handmade crossover consisting of only a few precious components.
Signature One is an homage to our history, an anniversary celebration, and a retro yet timeless design that will outperform competitors throughout its multi-decade lifespan.
- Elegant design and aesthetic compactness
- Specially modified proprietary drivers
- Flush-mounted drivers
- Aerodynamic rounded front baffle and angled rear baffle
- Extensive cross-bracing and radical angle internal floor
- Available in exotic veneers
- Lock mitered monocoque chassis
- Industry unique borosilicate damping
- Exclusive, hardwired crossover
- Silvered OFC wiring
- Bi-wire-able gold plated WBT terminals in an annealed aluminum plate
- Made in Canada
Totem crossovers don’t require many parts because of the synergy between our customized drivers, but the components are the world’s best. Our crossovers aren’t built on PCB’s because the laminated conductive tracks are weak and inconsistent. Instead they are secured to a thin piece of fiberboard or insulated polymers and components are mechanically crimped together because it simply sounds better. When we must solder, we choose WBT Silver Solder, the purest in the industry.
Meticulously hand crafted for peak performance that lasts decades. Lock-Miter assembly is an intricate woodworking procedure where edges physically interlock together. The resulting cabinet is up to 5 times stronger than conventional V Groove cabinets. Internal and external veneering resists warping, structurally fortifies, and ensures consistent peak performance. Industry unique Borosilicate damping manages dissipation, keeps the cabinet musically alive, and never deteriorates. Popular materials like poly fillers eventually decay, dramatically affecting the performance. Variable Density Fiberboard is denser at the extremities than the interior to reduce repetitive nodes and resonances.
Premium WBT connectors are the preferred choice by all audiophiles. WBT connectors lets the signal through without interfering or affecting it. Superior connectors like WBT connectors will prevent any signal loss and get the most out of the entire system.
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz – 22 kHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power: 50-200w
- Woofer: 6.5″ / 16.51 cm 3″ / 7.62 cm voice coil
- Tweeter: 1″ / 2.54 cm aluminum dome, chambered
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87.5 dB/W/m
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 7.67 x 13.77 x 10.62″ / 19.5 x 35 x 27cm
- Placement from rear wall: 1′ – 3′ / 30.48 – 91.44 cm
- Placement distance apart: 4′ – 12′ / 121.92 – 365.76 cm
- Break-in Time: 100-150 hours
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 kHz compensated, 2nd order
- Speaker Terminals: Bi-wireable, Gold WBT connectors
- Weight: 23.1lb /10.5kg