Totem Acoustic Rainmaker Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The Totem Rainmaker possesses a startling adeptness at delineating and resurrecting detail and structure in music. The Rainmaker is built with the same impeccable cabinetry as higher-priced models. Elegant, slim and classic, the Rainmaker combines quality craftsmanship with affordability. Totem’s exclusive crossover system and wiring are carefully selected and matched to project pure, fresh and honest musicality.
- Compact and aesthetic design
- Specially modified proprietary drivers
- Full-plane, vertical cross bracing for increased rigidity and dampening
- Design for mixed A/V applications
- Wood veneer finishes
- Borosilicate damping
- Lock mitered cabinet joints
- Exclusive hard-wired crossover
- High-quality drivers and wiring
- Solid twin-pair, gold-plated terminals
- Made in Canada
Every single driver is completely unique to Totem and proprietary in design, engineered by Totem and then manufactured to the strictest standards to meet our parameters by the finest raw driver suppliers in the world. In some cases, where the technology is beyond the capabilities of suppliers or is wished to kept secret, Totem can and will build our own drivers. Every driver exhibits phase linearity, speed, emotion, off axis natural presentation, and spatial articulation.
Totem crossovers don’t require many parts because of the synergy between our customized drivers, but the components are the world’s best. Our crossovers aren’t built on PCB’s because the laminated conductive tracks are weak and inconsistent. Instead they are secured to a thin piece of fiberboard or insulated polymers and components are mechanically crimped together because it simply sounds better. When we must solder, we choose WBT Silver Solder, the purest in the industry.
Meticulously hand crafted for peak performance that lasts decades. Lock-Miter assembly is an intricate woodworking procedure where edges physically interlock together. The resulting cabinet is up to 5 times stronger than conventional V Groove cabinets. Internal and external veneering resists warping, structurally fortifies, and ensures consistent peak performance. Industry unique Borosilicate damping manages dissipation, keeps the cabinet musically alive, and never deteriorates. Popular materials like poly fillers eventually decay, dramatically affecting the performance. Variable Density Fiberboard is denser at the extremities than the interior to reduce repetitive nodes and resonances.
Two sets of high conductivity gold plated connectors efficiently capture the incoming signal for superior speaker performance and allow traditional, bi-wire, or even bi-amplification options. They accommodate a variety of connection options such as bare wire, banana plugs, and spades.
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz – 20 kHz ± 3 dB
- Recommended Power: 30 – 100 W
- Woofer: 5.5″ / 13.97 cm
- Tweeter: 1″ / 2.54 cm aluminum dome, chambered
- Impedance: 4 ohms minimal
- Sensitivity: 87.5 dB/W/m. Maximum sound pressure before dynamic compression
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 6.8″ x 14″ x 9.1″ / 17.27 x 35.56 x 23.11 cm
- Placement from rear wall: 1′ – 3′ / 30.48 – 91.44 cm
- Placement distance apart: 4′ – 8′ / 121.92 – 243.84 cm
- Break-in Time: 70 – 100 hours
- Crossover Frequency: 2.3 kHz, 2nd order
- Speaker Terminals: 4-way bi-wireable
- Weight: 13.4lb / 6.1kg