ProAc Studio SM100 - Audiophile Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
Legendary British Sound. Made in England. The ProAc studio 100 was produced for over 20 years until 2013. They were made for both domestic and studio use. The studio 100 quickly became a favourite in the studios used as a near field monitor
For the last 2 years Stewart Tyler has been working on a new speaker named the ProAc SM100 and all parameters have been improved for both studio and domestic use. It now has a new bass driver with a new surround and dust cap along with a brand new 1 inch domed tweeter and crossover network, however the cabinet remains the same.
The bass driver looks similar but has a new rubber surround for longevity and power handling and now comes in a ProAc basket. The tweeter is a new ProAc design with a 1 inch silk dome and a front plate to lower distortion, the dome has a new roll surround.
The SM100 also features a new crossover, the overall sound quality is similar to the studio 100 but slightly smoother sound makes it ideal for long listening sessions.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Amplifiers: 30 to 150 watts
- Frequency Response: 35Hz to 30KHz
- Sensitivity: 88db linear for 1 watt at 1 metre
- Bass/Midrange: Driver 6 1/2 inch treated cone with new rubber surround and basket.
- Tweeter: 1 inch (25mm) soft silk dome with special front plate and roll surround.
- Crossover: Finest components on dedicated circuit board. Multi-strand oxygen-free copper cable throughout. Split for optional bi-wiring and bi-amping.
- Dimensions: 16 inch (406mm) high, 8 inch (203mm) wide, 10 inch (254mm) deep
- Weight: 26lbs (12kg) /cabinet
- Mode: Stand mounted
- Grille: Acoustically transparent crimplene
- Standard Finishes: Black Ash, Cherry.
- Premium Finishes: Please enquire about premium finishes *Premium Finishes to order at extra cost*
- Note: Stands Not Included