Plinius Hiato Integrated Amplifier
With 300 watts per channel the Hiato integrated stereo amplifier is a serious piece of equipment capable of driving big, difficult to drive speakers. It masters complex musical pieces that many dedicated power amps struggle with to give you spine tingling detail in the treble and control over the bass and mid range that is a pure delight.
If you are looking for an integrated amplifier solution in your music system but you don't want to sacrifice the benefits that true, well controlled power can bring then this amplifier is for you.
The rear panel layout includes four line level inputs and a user adjustable phono input. High quality WBT RCA connectors are used on all line level and phono inputs with additional balanced XLR inputs for CD and Line 1. It has RCA and XLR HT bypass input, remote IR input and 12V input/output triggers. There are four pairs of output connectors allowing bi-wired speaker applications, line level output for archiving and pre-out for bi-amping. The phono stage is optional.
On the front panel a small, unobtrusive 3.5mm jack allows a casual user to connect portable media, and the Hiato's full function remote control also operates the Plinius CD players.
- The preamplifier can be fitted with an optional phono stage based on a scaled version of the Koru design. The Phono has four gain settings and five loading settings to allow for suitable cartridge matching.
- The Line out provides a line level output, carrying the selected source signal. The Line Out allows for the signal to go on to recording equipment, headphone amplifiers or sub-woofer speakers.
- Terminals for remote trigger connection allow a processor signal to bypass the preamplifier stage or instigate the power amp to come out of standby.
- The RC5 input allows for connection to wired remote interfaces so it can be used as part of an automated system.
- This allows for the signal ground to be isolated from the main chassis earth. This can assist in resolving unwanted ground loops or hum due to duplicate ground paths in some systems.
- High quality WBT RCA and Neutrik XLR input connectors are fitted along with WBT output speaker terminals to ensure low distortion interface between your cables and the amplifier.
- Audience AV supply the Auricap XO capacitors used in key areas of the circuit. The Auricap was chosen for its superior clarity and dynamic ability.
- Siltech premium 'G7' silver/gold wire provides a perfect connection between components to give clear, fast and detailed presentation of the music signal.
- Audience AV supply the Auric OFC wire used in the input stage of the amplifier. The Auric was chosen for its high workability and natural sound.
- The aluminium lid and panels provide a non-magnetic cover to reduce unwanted magnetic fields that can interfere with the sensitive audio signals.
- Power: 300 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms, 450 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms. Both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at less than 0.2% total harmonic distortion
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.2dB (-3dB at 70kHz)
- Distortion: Typically <0.05% THD at rated power, 0.1% THD and IM worst case prior to clipping
- Current Output: 50A short duration peak per channel, Fuse protected
- Slew Rate: Typically 5µs
- Hum & Noise: 90dB below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted
- Power/Current Consumption: 800W. 0.6A (138W) Class AB Idle, 0.3A (69W) Standby
- Dimensions: Height: 170mm (7 1/2") Width: 450mm (17 3/4") Depth: 455mm (17 3/4")
- Weight: 25kg (56lb)