Mola Mola Tambaqui - Audiophile Roon Ready Streaming DAC
Mola Mola’s Tambaqui DAC is the perfect upgrade for owners of complete high-end systems who want to retain the characteristic sound of their existing preamplifier whilst lifting their digital sources to another level. The converter is a two board stack. On the first board, all incoming digital audio is upsampled to 3.125MHz/32 bits and converted to noise shaped PWM.
On the other board are two mono DACs, in which a discrete 32- stage FIR DAC and a single-stage 4th order filtering I/V converter, convert the PWM into analogue with a breathtaking 130dB SNR. This is near the theoretical limit for 24-bit files and far beyond that of even quad-speed DSD. Uniquely, distortion remains below the noise floor even for full scale signals.
With the addition of a lossless digital volume control and headphone outputs, it is also the ideal control hub of a minimalist audio system for music lovers who have moved on to a digital sources only system. This DAC, combined with a pair of Mola Mola Kaluga monoblocks constitutes the finest digital replay chain available, irrespective of price.
PWM DAC with 32-stage discrete analogue FIR output stage. Avoids “sigma delta” tones and “R2R” glitch and low-level linearity errors. Asynchronous upsampling to 3.125MHz/32 bit. 7-th order noise shaper clearing 80kHz band. Each input rate has an optimized upsampling filter chain.
- Optical (Toslink)
- S/PDIF (Cinch)
- AES/EBU (XLR)
- USB type B
- Ethernet (Roon Ready)
- Bluetooth (SBC, AAC, APTX, LDAC)
- I²S over HDMI
- Balanced output (XLR)
- Headphone output (6.3mm Jack, Balanced XLR 4pin)
- 2 programmable trigger outputs (3.5mm Jack)
Processing balance and input gain offset
Selectable output levels
- PCM up to 384kHz/32 bits (>192kHz and >24 bits via USB and Roon only)
- DoP and Native DSD up to quad speed (USB and Roon only)
- Full-Scale Output Level (XLR): 18dBu
- Full-Scale Output Level (headphone): 18dBu
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 130dB
- THD, IMD: not measurable (estimated -140dB)
- Bandwidth: Up to 80kHz (apodizing response)
- Integrated jitter: <1ps from 10Hz upwards, <300fs from 1kHz upwards
- Jitter rejection: >80dB at 1Hz after 20 seconds of loc
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- 200mm (W) x 110mm (H) x 320mm (D)
Awards & Reviews