McIntosh XR50 - Bookshelf Speaker
XR50 is a cleverly engineered compact bookshelf speaker that produces the rich, full sound one would expect from much larger speakers.
Fine gloss wood finishes are offered in Black and Red Walnut. The magnetically attached grill is acoustically transparent and covered with a neutral black cloth. Unique front panel McIntosh logo may be illuminated when used with McIntosh components.
Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; they are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is delivered to the XR50.
Amplifiers from 75 to 300 Watts are appropriate power for XR50. An additional connection passes on Meter Illumination Control for compatible power amplifiers. When connecting the XR50 3-way bookshelf speaker to an amplifier, it is important to use cables of adequate size so that there is no signal loss. This bookshelf speaker can be used in both stereo music and home theater systems.
- Ported 3-Way Bookshelf
- 75 to 300 Watts power rating
- Impedance Nominal 8 Ohms
- Power Rating 75 to 300 Watts
- Frequency Response 40Hz to 45kHz
- Sound Pressure Level 2.8V/1m 81dB
- Crossover 500Hz, 8kHz
- Number of Woofers 1
- Woofer Size 6"
- Woofer Type Cast Frame, LD/HP®, Poly Cone
- Number of Midranges 2
- Midrange Size 2"
- Midrange Type Inverted Titanium Dome
- Number of Tweeters 1
- Tweeter Size 3/4"
- Tweeter Type Titanium Dome
- System Type Ported 3-Way Bookshelf
- Grille Black knit cloth, magnetically attached
- Available Finishes Red Walnut, Black
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 8" (20.3cm) x 17" (43cm) x 11-3/4" (29.85cm)
- Unit Weight 19.5 lbs (8.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight 25 lbs (11 kg)
Reviews & Awards