McIntosh MT2 - Precision Turntable
The McIntosh MT2 Precision Turntable combines the latest in turntable technology and design to deliver both superb performance and accurate playback. The MT2 is a great way to upgrade your home audio system to play vinyl albums.
A full complement of features allows for all recordings to be reproduced with flawless realism. Its advanced electronic and mechanical design will give you many years of smooth, trouble-free operation. A subtle green glow emanates from under the platter and the outside edges of the plinth for a touch of refined ambiance.
The MT2 plays both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm records. It’s virtually ready to use out of the box with just a few setup steps to complete and then you’ll be enjoying your vinyl in no time.
The MT2 comes with a moving coil cartridge that has a high enough output to make it compatible with not only moving coil phono inputs but also moving magnet inputs. The cartridge’s high impedance and high output voltage ensures noise free musical reproduction. This unique cartridge design features an alloy cantilever and an elliptical diamond stylus with exceptional tracking capability. The tonearm is constructed from dural-aluminum with special damping materials and is light weight yet highly rigid. The noise free vertical bearings feature two precision ceramic surfaces with damping fluid; the horizontal bearing is a gimballed sapphire design.
The belt driven, solid black outer platter is made from a special dynamically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM) and is over 1” thick. This heftiness helps to both resist and absorb external vibrations that can cause noise during playback; its large mass also provides the perfect flywheel action for stable playback speed. The inner platter is made of CNC-precision milled aluminum. The platters rotate on a polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing. The DC motor is driven by an external voltage-stabilized power supply and is completely decoupled from the chassis, isolating your records from any mechanical interference. Its sturdy plinth has a resonance optimized and highly compressed wood base with black lacquer finish, while the top and middle acrylic plates help absorb unwanted vibrations.
A clear, contoured dust cover is included. The MT2 turntable is compatible with a variety of McIntosh phono preamplifiers, stereo preamplifiers, integrated amplifiers and home theater processors with phono inputs; virtually any of our amplifiers and speakers can be used to complete your audio system.
- High output Moving Coil cartridge
- Includes dust cover
- Cartridge Type Moving Coil, High Output
- Output Level 2.5 mV at 5 cm/s
- Load Impedance 1000 Ohms recommended (Preamp MC Input)
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 50kHz
- Channel Separation 35dB at 1kHz
- Compliance 15 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended Tracking Force 2.0 g
- Channel Difference Less than 0.5dB at 1kHz
- Total Mass 6.3 g
- Stylus Elliptical Diamond
- Cantilever Material Aluminum
- Bearing Sapphire and Ceramic
- Arm Tube Dural-Aluminum
- Counterweight Eccentric
- Adjustments Vertical Tracking Angle, Antiskate, Azimuth
- Playback Speeds 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- Motor Type DC Motor with Stainless Steel Brushes
- Speed Control Servo System
- Platter Dynamically balanced polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Platter Bearing Polished and tempered steel shaft in sintered bronze bushings
- Signal To Noise Ratio 35dB - 40dB
- Wow & Flutter 0.15% - 0.25%
- Stereo Outputs Unbalanced 1
- Speed Control Fine Adjustment Yes
- Dust Cover Included Yes
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-13/16" (45.2cm) x 5" (12.7cm) (6" (15.2cm) with dust cover) x 17" (43.2cm) Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
- Unit Weight 29 lbs (13.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight 39 lbs (17.6 kg)
Reviews & Awards