Legacy Audio Studio HD Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
Originally designed as a monitor for a top recording studio, the Legacy Studio HD offers unmatched clarity and dynamics in a compact enclosure. Don’t let its size fool you. The Studio HD is a butt kickin’ compact monitor featuring an 8” Silver/Graphite bass/midrange driver and a 1” dual pole AMT folded ribbon.
The sound is open and airy, yet a kick drum “feels” like a kick drum. Vocals are robust and effortless. You can hear lungs fill with air before the first note is sung.
Studio HD excels as both a left and right main speaker, as well as a surround speaker for Atmos® systems. Coupled with the Metro XD subwoofer, Studio HD offers a building block approach to true high-end audio.
The Studio HD cabinet is constructed of 1.125" MDF and is available in a wide variety of décor friendly finishes, such as the premium Black Pearl, shown here.
1” Dual Pole AMT - The Legacy 1” dual pole AMT folded ribbon delivers airy and clear highs up to 30 kHz and is the same award-winning Legacy AMT found in the larger Focus SE & Aeris floor-standing speakers.
8” Proprietary Woofer - Studio HD features a proprietary 8” woven Silver/Graphite bass/midrange driver with a cast basket. The woofer is crossed over at 2.8kHz and a phase plug is implemented to prevent acoustic interference across the larger surface area of the driver. Thanks to extra deep tuning of this ultra-efficient driver, the Studio HD keep perfect rhythm down to the lowest note on the bass guitar- E 41 Hz.
Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire Capable - The rear terminal plate of the Studio HD features removable copper jumpers to facilitate bi-amping or bi-wiring if desired. The dual binding posts accommodate banana, spade or bare wire connections. Independent high and low frequency contour switches allow you to adjust the speaker to your room.
- Finishes - Choice of premium finishes
- Application:Studio grade reference monitor
- System Type:2 Driver, 2 Way
- Tweeter:1" dual pole AMT folded ribbon
- Midwoofer:8" Silver/Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug
- Frequency Alignment:B4 Reflex, rear ported
- Inputs:2 pair binding posts for Treble and Bass
- Recommended Amplification:15-200 watts
- Frequency Response (Hz +/- 2dB):41-30k
- Impedance:4 Ohm
- Sensitivity:91 dB (2.83V @ 1m)
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches)13 x 10.8 x 10.8
- Weight:30 lbs each
- Shipping Weight: 74 lbs per pair
Reviews & Awards