Legacy Audio Expression Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
Expression is a unique speaker that bridges the gap between the audiophile and home theater enthusiast. For the audiophile, Expression offers a precision ribbon tweeter for airy, spacious highs. For the home theater lover, it offers unique dynamic range, great clarity for voices and very low distortion. And the same clear, impact-filled performance character that is Legacy.
The Expression's front port allows the speaker to be placed anywhere in the room, even against the wall and achieve low end extension down to 38Hz (+/- 2dB).
With an impedance of 4 Ohms and sensitivity of 94 dB, the Expression can be powered by most amplifiers. One stereo amp can power the entire system and the included jumper bars at the back can be removed for passive bi-amping.
The extremely rigid cabinet has been sculpted to prevent diffraction with a front baffle that progressively narrows with rising frequency. Underneath its expertly finished exterior, the cabinet is constructed of 1 1/8" MDF with additional heavy bracing.
When space for a floor standing speaker is tight, but the renowned Legacy quality is a must - the Legacy Expression provides exceptional performance for both audiophile 2 channel and home theater sound.
1” Dual Pole AMT - The Legacy 1” dual pole AMT folded ribbon delivers airy and clear highs up to 30 kHz and is the same award-winning Legacy AMT found in the larger Focus SE & Aeris floor-standing speakers.
8” Proprietary Woofer - Expression’s dual cast frame 8” woofers utilize the same silver/graphite cone technology as the renowned Focus SE. We tooled a deep and rugged cast frame with an extra-large mounting surface to allow long excursion and prevent midbass blurring. The cone mass was optimized to provide extended bass without overhang.
Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire Capable - The rear terminal plate features removable copper jumpers to facilitate bi-amping or bi-wiring if desired. The dual binding posts accommodate banana, spade or bare wire connections. Independent high and low frequency contour switches allow you to adjust the speaker to your room.
- Finishes - Choice of premium finishes
- Application Compact tower for audio or home theater
- System Type 3 driver, 2.5 way
- Tweeter 1" dual pole AMT folded ribbon
- Midwoofer 8" Silver / Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug
- Bass 8" Silver / Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug
- Low Frequency Alignment Assisted 5th order, Butterworth front ported
- Inputs 2 pair binding post for Treble and Bass
- Recommended Amplification 15-250 watts
- Freq. Response 38-22k (Hz +/- 2dB)
- Impedance 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity 94 dB (2.83V @1m)
- Crossover Freq (Hz) 500, 3k
- Dimensions (HxWxD inches) 38.5 x 10.75 x 10.75
- Weight 68 lbs each
- Shipping Weight 97 lbs each