Kudos Titan 808 Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
There’s no doubting that music means everything to you. We understand. This one’s for you: flagship-level performance with a slightly lighter footprint than our range-topping Kudos Titan 808. Who says you can’t have it all?
The Kudos Audio Titan series offers a flagship-quality loudspeaker for a range of listening spaces, system types and budgets. Initially launching with the top-of-range Titan 808, the series has since grown to include four models in a choice of sizes and formats, standmount and floorstanding. Each model features an impressive complement of technologies that is unique to the Titan series.
All four models in the series are configured to allow simple by-passing of the internal crossover for active operation with leading electronics including Devialet Expert, Exposure VXN, Linn Exakt and Naim SNAXO. While a typical audio system features one power amplifier channel per loudspeaker, in an active system there is one power amplifier per drive unit. Upgrading to active operation enables a variety of performance and personalisation enhancing capabilities.
EXCEPTIONAL, CUSTOM-MADE DRIVERS
The Titan series features drive units crafted exclusively for Kudos by world-leading specialists SEAS. All four Titans share the same superb K3 tweeter, a version of a legendary SEAS unit specially re-engineered to tailor its capabilities for the Titans. The 808’s mid/bass driver and duo of bass drivers are completely unique to this loudspeaker. All of the drivers are precisely matched and aligned to work seamlessly, as one. The result? An effortless ‘just right’ sound. When you hear it, you’ll know it.
LOW-ORDER CROSSOVER AND MINIMAL DESIGN FOR A PURER SOUND
The purer the signal, the truer the sound. A Kudos loudspeaker preserves a clean and clear audio signal by favouring a minimal design with our trademark, low-order crossover. The Titan 808’s superior quality components are tailored specifically for Kudos to stringent tolerances. They include Mundorf’s MResist Supreme resistors and air-core foil inductors, and ClarityCap’s unique CopperConnect technology capacitors.
The best designs are a marriage of form and function. In the Titan 808, the tweeter and mid/bass drivers, and the two bass drivers, are housed separately in independent cabinets, delivering remarkable musical clarity even at high volumes. The Titans’ modernist design blends effortlessly into the contemporary home. Concealed within is highly a complex system of differential panel resonance control: while keeping a rigorously tight grip on any and all unwanted vibrations, this smart system gives full and free rein to the natural dynamics of your music.
ISOBARIC WITH FIXED BOUNDARY LOADING
Bass is key to how we hear music, so our Titan series goes above and beyond in ensuring superior sound at the all-important lower end. The Titan 808’s isobaric and fixed boundary bass reflex loading is cleverly engineered to deliver a more agile, nuanced, textured and detailed bass reproduction.
ACTIVE CONFIGURATION (UPGRADEABLE)
The Titan series is configured to allow simple by-passing of the internal crossover for active operation with leading electronics including Linn Exakt, Devialet Expert and Naim SNAXO. Upgrading to active operation enables a variety of performance and personalisation enhancing capabilities.
- SEAS-Kudos 220mm Mid/Bass Nextel coated paper cone, 39mm voice coil with copper shortening ring and aluminium phase plug
- 2 x SEAS – Kudos 220mm Bass unit double coated hard paper cone with 39mm voice coil
- SEAS-Kudos Crescendo K3 29mm fabric dome Tweeter
- Isobaric loading with Fixed Boundary Loading
- Low-order crossover with audiophile grade parts
- Active Ready
- 5 year warranty
- Made in the UK
- Type 2.5way Isobaric Bass Reflex Floorstander
- Drivers SEAS-Kudos 220mm Mid/Bass Nextel coated paper cone, 39mm voice coil with copper shortening ring and aluminium phase plug, 2 x SEAS – Kudos 220mm Bass unit double coated hard paper cone with 39mm voice coil, SEAS-Kudos Crescendo K3 29mm fabric dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 30kHz AIRR (average in-room response)
- Sensitivity 91dB @ 1W @ 1metre
- Recommended Power Amplifier 25 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD) 1,168mm (h) x 348mm (w) x 404mm (d)
- Weight (per loudspeaker) 75 Kg