JBL 4312 SE Control Monitor - Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
The JBL 4312SE is a 3-way, high-performance studio monitor loudspeaker that was developed to honour the 70th Anniversary of the JBL brand. As a direct descendant of the legendary model 4310/4311 family, the 4312SE maintains the iconic 12-inch (300mm) 3-way design that set the standard for recording monitors in the 1970’s.
The 70s Have It: Special 4312SE Bookshelf Loudspeakers Honor JBL's Anniversary, Are Direct Descendants of Studio Monitors Responsible for Mixing More Classic Albums Than Any in History
If you peered into the hallowed professional recording and mastering studios of the 1970s, chances are you'd find they all shared something in common: JBL 4310 and 4311s, monitors that served as the engineers' guide for mixing down more iconic jazz and rock albums than any other speaker in history. Such are the benchmark levels of convincing realism, unblemished clarity, powerful dynamics, and tonal accuracy they established – and the very feats that make the models' direct descendant, the JBL 4312SE bookshelf loudspeaker, a standard-bearer today.
Designed to play loud and long with fatigue-free sonics, each of these dedicated left-right speakers features a 12-inch Aqua-Plas-coated pure-pulp woofer, five-inch midrange, and speedy magnesium/aluminum done tweeter. And to commemorate the 70th anniversary of JBL, 4312SE features special affixed badges as well as certifying documentation that will doubtlessly cause the model's value to hold true – if not increase – over time. You can even place 4312SE horizontally or vertically, or choose to shelf- or stand-mount it. We wish every monitor speaker was this cool!
Matched Mirror-Image Pairs Open Up Placement and Positioning Options
Designed and engineered in Northridge, California, 4312SE are built in matched mirror-image pairs to allow for a wide variety of placement and positioning applications. In classic studio monitor fashion, they can be positioned horizontally or vertically and with the tweeters to the inside or outside of the listening position – and they can be shelf- or stand-mounted. This flexibility makes them capable of serving equal duty in small, intimate listening environments or in larger rooms without sacrificing detail and coherent stereo soundstage and image quality.
Advanced JBL Driver and Tweeter Technology, Special 70th Anniversary Features
Utilizing a compact monitor-type footprint, 4312SE features advanced JBL transducers including the 12-inch 1200FE-8 Aqua-Plas-coated Pure Pulp cone woofer, five-inch 105H-1 Polymer-coated Pure Pulp cone midrange, and one-inch 054ALMg-1 aluminum/magnesium-alloy tweeter with waveguide. Special 70th Anniversary badges are affixed to each of the loudspeakers and a 70th Anniversary certificate is included with the serial numbers of the individual loudspeakers, along with signatures of the system engineer and factory-assembly technician. Front-panel mid- and high-frequency trim controls, a bass-reflex enclosure with front-firing port, binding-post speaker terminals, and a black wood-grain finish with removable grille round out out 4312SE.
An Unparalleled History of Great Loudspeaker Design
JBL plays an indirect or direct role in practically everything you hear today. From pioneering motion-picture sound to its long history in the world's finest recording studios and concert venues to creating dozens of high-end loudspeaker technologies – including "firsts" for woofers, transducers, drivers, and coils – JBL has changed how everyone listens. We are honoured to carry several very special models previously only available in Japan. Renowned for lifelike dynamics and beguiling high-frequency extension, they will continue to transform how you hear.
- Direct descendant of iconic 4310 monitors used in pro studios to mix countless LPs
- Play cleanly and clearly even at loud volume levels
- Front-panel mid- and high-frequency trim controls
- 70th Anniversary pairs come with consecutive serial numbers
- Low Frequency Transducer: 12-inch (300mm) Aqua-Plas®-coated Pure Pulp cone woofer (1200FE-8)
- Mid Frequency Transducer: 5-inch (125mm) Polymer-coated Pure Pulp cone midrange (105H-1)
- High Frequency Transducer: 1-inch (25mm) Magnesium/Aluminum Alloy dome tweeter with waveguide (054ALMg-1)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-200 Watts RMS
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 44Hz - 40kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m): 90dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Crossover Frequencies: 640Hz, 5kHz
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via Front-firing Port
- Inputs: Five-way Binding Posts
- Finishes: Black Woodgrain with Black Cloth Grille
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 23 1/2" x 14-1/4" x 12" (597mm x 362mm x 305mm)
- Weight: 55.5 lb (25.2 kg) each