Exposure XM7 Stereo Preamplifier
The Exposure XM7 Preamplifier from Exposure's XM Series of components may be small in size but they’re big on features and performance. With unmatched levels of sound quality and clarity, the XM Series conveys the art of music replay with outstanding realism.
Exposure has been perfecting the art of creating real hi-fi for real music lovers since 1974. What do we mean by ‘real’? Remember the days when things were designed by skilled engineers, perfected over time and built to last? When products were expected to concentrate on doing what they did exceptionally well without fail, rather than getting bogged down with the latest gadgets and gizmos? That’s what we mean by real hi-fi.
As for real music lovers, no need to explain. You know who you are. You also probably know what you want. A system that brings your beloved music collection to life, not one that looks flash at cocktail parties or requires a second mortgage. It might take a little stretch, but it won’t break the bank. It also won’t require several rocket scientists to set up and maintain.
What it will do, is to give you real music. Hair-raising and spine-tingling listening experiences. Exposure hi-fi is renowned for its ‘rightness’ of sound. There is delicacy in the upper ranges and openness in the mid-range, underpinned by deep yet agile bass that dances along. To put it another way, our design philosophy is to make hi-fi that gets on with the task of authentically reproducing any and every kind of music, while the equipment itself hides in the background. Which is smart thinking, since real music lovers prefer to listen to their music rather than the hi-fi.
On the outside, our products are simple, clean and elegant. Robustly built, they offer friendly features and clear controls. We think that the best place for all the complex engineering is on the inside, where decades of research and development go into producing that renowned musical performance.
Exposure is available worldwide from a network of specialist shops run by people who know a thing or two about the complex relationship between people, hi-fi and music. From our ‘twenty’ and ‘XM’ series to our ‘thirty’ and ‘fifty’ series, we hope that you will be as delighted with the price as the sound.
Exposure is proud to be a British company based in the south of England and Exposure products are British from design to finish.
- Large 200VA custom-made toroidal power transformer
- High quality all aluminium casework and extruded front panel
- High quality resistors & capacitors used in the signal path
- Audio output stages use discrete transistors
- High quality relays used for input selection
- 3.5mm & 1/4" headphone outputs selectable by a switch at the back
- Moving magnet phono input, fixed level AV input and one line level input
- Two coax (BNC) and two optical inputs and one class 2 USB input with DSD
- 2 pairs of pre-amp outputs for bi-amping or sub woofer
- 3 Year Warranty
- Available in Black or Titanium
- Made in UK
- AV input fixed level : 450mV @ 1KHz > 12K ohms S/N > 95dB
- AUX/PH input MM : 2.5mV @ 1KHz, 47K ohms S/N > 73dB
- Frequency Response : +/-0.5dB 50Hz-20KHz. High pass roll off -1.5dB @ 20Hz
- AUX 2 input line : 350mV @ 1KHz > 14K ohms S/N output gain x3.75, +11.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.005% at 1KHz : @ 1.3V RMS output
- Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20KHz +/- 0.5dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio ref 1.3V RMS Output : 1KHz >92dB
- Channel Separation @ 20KHz : >60dB
- SPDIF inputs BNC Coax & Optical : 32 - 192KHz @ 16-24 bits
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.005% at 1KHz @ 1.3V RMS output
- Signal to Noise Ratio ref 1.3V RSM Output : 1KHz : >98dB
- USB input : Linear PCM 44K1 - 192KHz @ 16-24 bits DSD x64 (DoP) Asynchronous transfer from host
- Mains Supply : 220/240V @ 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption : <25W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 89mm x 363mm (inc knob)
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 5kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 6kg
Reviews & Awards