Divine Acoustics Bellatrix Floorstanding Speaker
The Divine Acoustics Bellatrix is a 2.5-way, 3-speaker system. The woofer and mid-woofer work in a joined volume constituted by a multi-chamber bass-reflex / TQWT system with ventilation at the bottom side. The multilayer enclosure is designed in the CRC design technology, internally reinforced with a grating made of plywood and steel. A separate chamber for the tweeter has been designed. Mineral mats were used to dampen the enclosure precisely, so it was unnecessary to use other loose dampening materials. Bellatrix stands on a one-piece carbon steel pedestal integrated with the enclosure, equipped with our Kepler vibrations absorbing feet.
"Designing Hi End speakers is a very complex process. Electrical system, cabling, housing and its damping, resonance system – all these elements are subordinate to vibrating speaker membranes. They work together to form an integral whole – a kind of one unusual musical instrument.
The most important thing when designing is that the appropriate synergy of all elements creates the speakers, that will convey the natural sound of instruments, natural atmosphere of recordings, rhythm, emotions…
After nearly 4 years of designing, Bellatrix is the most complex, the best sounding speaker I’ve built so far." - Piotr Gałkowski
The construction of each pair of Bellatrix is a 10+ week, completely manual process. Carefully selected parts and materials have been manufactured in more than 30 locations around the world. The repeatability of loudspeaker production is possible thanks to multi-stage quality control and listening tests of each pair, which is created with the view to perfect harmony of the loudspeakers as a whole in mind.
The tweeter of Bellatrix speakers is a silk Scan-Speak Illuminator ring-radiator shielded with a metal protective mesh. It is a version with a large damping chamber integrated with the „TMI” vibration damping system with „CeraGem” technology. The special subchassis construction makes the loudspeaker lean on a set of damping layers, analogous to those used in our Kepler vibrations absorbing feet.
Mid-woofer and woofer are the 7-inch modified Eton Orchestra drivers with a characteristically embossed cellulose diaphragm on a rubber suspension. The solid die-cast basket is equipped with our proprietary “BAD” dampening system. Very massive magnet system is vented and grounded. The dust cover has a shape memory – it is resistant to dents. As a result, Bellatrix does not require protective grilles.
Crossover is the most complex and advanced part of Bellatrix speakers. It has its own housing permanently attached to the main body of the speaker. During the design and construction of the crossover, SGP, ESM and also RFpath technologies were used. All parts are mounted using the point-to-point method, on both sides of the multi-hole plate.
The Bellatrix crossover consists of 51 top-quality components: copper Miflex KFPM-1, aluminum Jantzen Audio Alumen, foil Miflex MKP-10, Jantzen Audio Z-Superior and Z-Standard capacitors; Superes metallized non-inductive resistors, precision carbon resistors in correction circuits and cotton-insulated OFC coils. Solder connections are lead-free. The full repeatability of subsequent copies is ensured by the multi-stage measurement control of individual elements and all of connections.
- woofer: 1st order slope with coil inductance compensation, cut-off frequency: ~ 250Hz;
- mid-woofer: 1st order slope with coil inductance compensation, precise baffle-step compensation, elliptical correction of diaphragm break-up resonances, cut-off frequency: ~ 2900Hz;
- tweeter: twin-path 2nd order slope with coil inductance compensation, cut-off frequency: ~ 2900Hz;
- internal cabling: Divine Acoustics Halley;
- connection: Divine Acoustics – Single uncoated copper binding posts, FDC compliant that accept Banana Connectors (BFA) and spades.
- Impedance: 4 Ohm;
- Efficiency: 88 dB;
- Frequency response: 35 Hz-40 kHz;
- Recommended listening room area: 16-40 m2;
- Recommender amplifier power: 10-160 W;
- Speaker to amplifier accommodation period ~48 hours;
- Capacitors burn-in time: ~500 hours;
- Net weight: 29 kg;
- Shipping weight: 2 x 34 kg;
- Packaging dimensions (cm): 2x 132x46x46;
- Design: 2.5 way, bass-reflex/TQWT;
- Woofer / midwoofer: 2 x 7” ETON Orchestra;
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Scan-Speak Illuminator;
- Internal wiring: Divine Acoustics Halley;
- Binding posts: Divine Acoustics, single, pure copper;
- Floor separation: Divine Acoustics Kepler.
- Finish - Smoke / Mocca / High Gloss Snakewood