Devialet PHANTOM II 95 DB - Wireless Streaming Speaker
There's no mistaking the streamlined teardrop shape of the Devialet Phantom II 95dB. And this powered speaker's sound quality — and quantity — are equally unique, especially considering its compact size.
The Phantom II 95dB has two side-firing aluminum woofers, for powerful, hard-hitting bass. They combine with a centered aluminum full-range driver to create an expansive soundstage that fills your room.
The Phantom II 95dB has a built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that can play high-resolution digital audio. And with 350 watts of continuous (RMS) power, the Phantom II 95dB can simulate the experience of being right in front of the stage at a concert.
Stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The Devialet control app comes with Spotify® Connect built in. With your Spotify subscription, you can stream from this service without leaving the app.
Built-in Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you play audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies. The speaker is also compatible with Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming, for music stored on your media server or NAS drive.
If your Wi-Fi isn't up to snuff, you can hardwire the Phantom II 95dB to your network with an Ethernet cable. A combination mini optical digital audio input/stereo minijack audio input gives you even more options. Use your computer or portable player's headphone jack to connect to the speaker. Or run an optical digital cable (with a Toslink-to-mini-optical digital adapter) from your TV to the Phantom II 95dB.
A speaker like no other
The coolest feature is the side-firing bass drivers. When I activated the Phantom II 95dB, they pulsed, as if the speaker was breathing. And when I started playing music — well that was a breath of fresh air. Those drivers delivered bass so full it was almost visceral, especially at high volumes. Bass-heavy hip-hop tracks were slamming!
Both the bass and treble were tight. That made a huge difference when I played music at low volumes. My tunes sounded just as clean and clear no matter how loud or soft I set the volume.
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- built-in Bluetooth
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming
- 1 aluminum full-range driver and 2 aluminum side-firing bass drivers
- high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution
- amplification: 350 watts RMS
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz (-6dB)
- maximum volume: 95 dB SPL
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Spotify Connect built in (subscription required)
- pair 2 Phantom speakers for stereo sound
- displays current song and artist information
- control volume and play, pause, and skip tracks
- top-mounted touch-sensitive control buttons
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- combination mini optical digital audio input/stereo minijack audio input
- mini optical digital input supports 2-channel PCM only
- Ethernet port
- requires AC power, cable included
- stainless steel sides
- 6-3/16"W x 6-5/8"H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 9.5 lbs.