Creek Audio Voyage CD Player + DAC
With the Creek Audio Voyage CD Player, high-resolution digital music replay has never been more popular! Its convenience, variety and versatility make it a “must-have” in any Hi-Fi system.
Whether you prefer to stream music from the internet, or a local network, the Voyage CD Player will convert your high-resolution digital data files into analogue perfectly.
As its name suggests, legacy Compact Discs can also be played to perfection on its rugged and reliable Stream Unlimited CD80 slot-drive transport.
Cosmetically, the Voyage CD Player matches the Voyage i20 Integrated Amplifier. Its rugged 2mm thick steel case and luxurious 12mm extruded aluminium front panel is available in either a black or a brushed and anodised silver finish. Discreet push buttons mounted on the wide acrylic window operate the main CD functions, digital input selection, and volume control. All functions can also be remotely controlled for convenience!
A large OLED display indicates all functions and settings and its brightness can be adjusted or turned off completely.
The Voyage CD Player can be described simply as a “digital pre-amplifier”, allowing the user to easily select between six digital sources and control the volume in the digital domain if required.
To ensure the Voyage CD delivers top-class performance, Creek has chosen to use a premium AKM 32-bit digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) with VELVET SOUND™ technology, for its low-level distortion and wide dynamic range characteristics. The DAC’s switched capacitor filter design enables it to support a wide signal range and its Over Sampling Ratio Doubler technology greatly reduces out-of-band noise.
The DAC’s built-in, non-decimating, volume control can be activated with a switch on the back panel. This enables audio output level adjustments in 1 dB steps to allow it to be connected directly to a power amplifier or Voyage i20 integrated amplifier with direct power amp mode selected.
Flexible sound tuning is managed by six types of 32-bit digital filters for a wide range of applications.
Bit-perfect operation may be realised when streaming digital signals to the asynchronous USB Class 2 input, which is based on an 8-core XMOS microcontroller circuit, running custom Creek firmware, and clocked by two low phase-noise and low-jitter oscillator circuits.
The Voyage CD Player can support PCM signals sampled at 384 kHz and 22.4 MHz direct stream digital (DSD) data, making it ideal for high-resolution digital to analogue playback.
Audio is output via unbalanced, professional-quality RCA and Neutrik balanced XLR sockets, buffered by two Texas Instruments OPA2134 Sound PlusTM op-amps. Close tolerance WIMA polypropylene capacitors and MELF surface-mount resistors filter any remaining digital aliasing artefacts.
To further optimise the Voyage CD Player’s performance Creek has developed a custom high-frequency power supply to provide a regulated, noise-free, DC voltage to power the DAC and CD transport circuitry, operating seamlessly from 85V to 265V AC mains input voltage. This type of modern power supply ensures optimal performance, regardless of the mains quality, voltage, or frequency, in any part of the world!
When not in use, the Voyage CD circuitry will automatically shut down allowing the highly efficient power supply circuit to consume extremely low current in Standby mode, conforming to the latest EuP European standby and off-mode standards.
Double pole common-mode mains filters, combined with the custom power supply’s natural immunity from the negative effects of poor mains quality, eliminate the need to use expensive external line conditioners or surge suppression devices, to maintain optimal performance.
Multiple discrete power supply regulators provide clean and precise voltage for its various circuits and organic polymer capacitors decouple critical analogue and digital circuits.
The Voyage CD Player is a 21st-century product, designed in the UK and Made in the European Union to the highest standards, using top quality parts and sound engineering.
- OLED Display
- Built in Digital Preamplifier
- Premium AKM 32-bit digital-to-analogue converter (DAC)
- Supports PCM signals sampled at 384 kHz and 22.4 MHz direct stream digital (DSD) data
- DAC type AK4493EQ – Premium grade AKM 32bit 768kHz
- Digital inputs 2 x SPDIF, 24Bit 192kHz, transformer-isolated, 2 x TOSLINK, 24Bit 192 kHz, optically isolated, 1 x asynchronous USB Class 2, 32Bit 384kHz
- CD Transport Stream Unlimited CD80 slot drive
- Digital Output 1 x co-ax SPDIF and 1 x TOSLINK Optical
- Digital Filters 6 x 32-bit 8-fold Digital Filter shapes: Short Delay Sharp Roll-off, GD=6.25/fs, Short Delay Slow Roll-off, GD=5.3/fs, Sharp Roll-off – Slow Roll-off – Super Slow Roll-off – Low-dispersion Short Delay
- Dynamic range, signal to noise ratio 123dB
- THD + Noise 113dB
- OSRD, (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) 126dB in normal mode
- Sample Rate PCM 8kHz to 384kHz
- DSD maximum Direct Stream Digital 22.4mHz
- Analogue Outputs RCA un-balanced, 2.0V RMS, XLR, fully balanced, 4.0V RMS
- Audio buffering OPA2134 Op-amps
- Output impedance <100 Ohms
- RC Bus Input/output connection for Infra-Red remote extender and serial link between products
- Operating mains voltage range 85 to 265V AC 50 to 60 Hz. Auto-ranging
- Power Consumption 20W maximum and <0.5W in standby mode
- Dimensions 430 x 80 x 350mm W x H x D including feet, knobs, and sockets, (17” x 3.25” x 13.75”).
- Weight 6.8 kgs net, 9.5kgs packed, (15 lbs net, 21lbs packed).
- Finishes Silver or black front panel, and black case