Ayre KX-5 Twenty - Stereo Preamplifier
Arguably the most important component in your system, the KX-5 Twenty Stereo Preamplifier delivers all of the performance and flexibility you have come to expect from an Ayre product.
Following in the legendary footsteps of the KX-R preamplifier, the Ayre KX-5 lives up to the challenge with dynamics powered by our Diamond output stage and a finesse achieved by eliminating the traditional attenuating volume control with our 46 position Variable Gain Transimpedance (VGT) amplification circuit. Featuring six programmable inputs and our unique Equilock gain stage, the KX-5 will draw you in with its enchanting musicality and drop your jaw with its endless depth of stage.
- Ayre’s Diamond output stage
- Variable Gain Transimpedance (VGT) volume circuit
- Ayre’s exclusive Equilock circuit
- 46 step volume control, each of 1.5 dB
- Linear analog power supply
- zero-feedback and fully-balanced discrete circuitry
- High-speed circuit board material
- Input ground switching for true source isolation
- Six inputs: four balanced, two single-ended
- Ayre Conditioner power line RFI filter
- AyreLink communication system
- Maximum Input Level 8V rms – unbalanced inputs, 16V rms – balanced inputs
- Gain Gain Variable to match the required output level of the system without the need for attenuation.
- Input Impedance 1 MΩ unbalanced inputs, 2 MΩ balanced inputs (1 MΩ per phase)
- XLR Input Polarity Pin 1 = Ground, Pin 2 = Non-inverting (Positive), Pin 3 = Inverting (Negative)
- Frequency Response DC – 250 kHz
- Power Consumption 40 watts in operating mode, 60 watts in operating mode (volume control active)
- Dimensions 17.25″ W x 13.25″ D x 3.75″ H (44cm x 34cm x 10cm)
- Weight 23 pounds (10.5 kg)
Reviews & Awards