ATC SCM19 - Audiophile Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
Fully Engrossing, Precision-Minded, Non-Fatiguing, Faithful to the Source: Stereophile Recommended ATC SCM19 v2 Bookshelf Loudspeakers Tout Ravishing Clarity and Balanced Sonics
If one bookshelf loudspeaker would ever be picked to represent the values and advantages of the category, that model should be the ATC SCM19 v2. Fortified by an in-house-built 25mm soft-dome tweeter and in-house-made soft-dome midrange – each exclusive to ATC designs – SCM19 v2 performs with faithful-to-the-source transparency and reference-setting coherence.
Fully engrossing, non-fatiguing, and all-in with every type of music, SCM19 v2 delivers unflagging resolution and hyper-realistic scaling. This gorgeous monitor does practically everything to perfection. The effortless, precision-minded tonal and dynamic balance mirror SCM19 v2's ultra-revealing nature and clarity – characteristics for which ATC is renowned.
It doesn't sacrifice on bass detail and extension, either. A taut, tuneful low end and generous harmonic dispersion further testify on behalf of SCM19 v2's status as a Stereophile Recommended Component and a speaker commended by The Absolute Sound, Hi-Fi Choice, and many other audiophile experts. Backed by a five-year manufacturer's warranty, SCM19 v2 is a musical instrument that will change your life.
No Substitute for In-House Engineering and Manufacturing
Found in many of the world's finest recording studios and soundstages, and used by dozens of the most acclaimed producers and engineers in the music and film industries, ATC loudspeakers claim an unparalleled reputation. Focused on applying supreme engineering to proven audio principles, the tradition-minded British company produces English-made speakers revered for their revealing nature, astonishing clarity, and exceptional balance. Tested and assembled in-house, its famous drivers and tweeters are exclusive to ATC – you won't find them on any other brand. And unlike most manufacturers, ATC still constructs midrange domes to supply breathtaking coherence. The rest of the rationale follows: If ATC is good enough for studio pros such as the late Doug Sax and superstar artists like the Rolling Stones, they're good enough for you.
Industry Professionals and Prominent Musicians Swear by ATC
Beck, Kate Bush, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler, Diana Krall, Ray LaMontagne, Tom Petty, Sting, Roger Waters, and Jack White. These world-famous artists are just a handful of the household-name musicians that listen with ATC. Perhaps they're taking a page from many of the most in-demand engineers and producers that depend on ATC to create timeless works of art. Industry professionals such as Michael Bishop, T Bone Burnett, James Guthrie, Bob Ludwig, Gavin Lurssen, Max Martin, George Massenburg, Alan Moulder, Shawn Murphy, and Fred Vogler all rely on ATC to hear every last detail.
Found in Many of the World's Best Recording Studios and Soundstages
The list of studios and soundstages that rely on ATC to perform vital functions is too long to document here. But we're certain you'll likely recognize the likes of ABKCO (New York), Air (London), Alchemy Mastering (London), DTS (Calabassas), East West Studios (Los Angeles), Front Stage (Nashville), Paramount Studios (Hollywood), Sony Music Studios (New York), Third Man Records (Nashville), and Warner Bros. (Burbank) as further evidence of ATC's prowess and stature among those whose livelihood depends on great sound.
- New ATC designed and built 25mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
- “SL” spec bass driver with 75mm integral soft dome.
- 9kg optimised short-coil/long gap motor assembly.
- In-house, hand-wound precision flat wire coil.
- Flat impedance curve allowing easy load for amplifiers.
- 5 year warranty.
- Drivers: HF ATC 25mm Neodymium soft dome, Mid/LF ATC 150mm SL
- Matched Response: ±0.5dB
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 54Hz-22kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Sensitivity: 85dB @ 1W @ 1metre
- Max SPL: 108dB
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Connectors: Binding Posts/4mm Plugs, bi-wire
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 438x265x300mm (grill adds 34mm to depth)
- Weight: 17.8kg
- Stereophile SCM19 Review, June 2014
- SCM19 Review, Hi-Fi Choice
- The Absolute Sound SCM19 Review, August 2014
- Stereophile’s Editor’s Choice Products of 2014
- Too Loud, Croatia. March 2015
- 2015 Stereophile Recommended Component – Loudspeakers
- SCM19 Review, Hi-Fi Pig, 2015
- SCM19 Review, Stereotimes, 2015
- SCM19 Review, SoundStage Experience Sept 2016