ATC SCM11 - Audiophile Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
Spacious, Detailed, Balanced, Transparent, and Coloration-Free: Award-Winning, Emotionally Gripping ATC SCM11 v2 Bookshelf Loudspeakers Take You Into the Recording Studio.
There's good reason why the stupendous-sounding ATC SCM11 v2 bookshelf loudspeakers have won multiple awards from What Hi-Fi? and proclaimed by the audiophile journal to be the "most talented stand mounters anywhere near this price." Offering big, spacious performance and sterling transparency, SCM11 v2 is distinguished by its effortlessly balanced, smooth sonics and microscopic detail retrieval.
Boasting an in-house-built dual-suspension 25mm soft-dome tweeter and in-house-made soft-dome midrange exclusive to ATC designs, SCM11 v2 delivers honest high-end resolution and coloration-free tones. Remarkable frequency control, low-end texture presentation, and a flat impedance curve further separate this incredible musical instrument from its peers. Infallible cabinet construction, an in-house-wound precision flat wire coil, and a six-year manufacturer's warranty are here, too, in case you ever pull yourself away from the sound prized by everyone from Roger Waters to T Bone Burnett. We're betting you never do.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC's drivers are legendary for their many design innovations. For instance, the hand-wound short voice coils use only high density edge-wound flat OFC wire and operate in a precision long magnetic gap. Front and rear magnetic venting not only reduces airflow and noise, but increases power handling and long term reliability. Meanwhile, massive motor assemblies offer no-compromise optimization for each voice coil diameter.
SCM11 benefits both acoustically and aesthetically from a curved cabinet construction. This cabinet is braced and laminated for high rigidity and damping and then clad in real cherry or black ash veneer. Improved crossovers featuring metallised polypropylene capacitors, large air cored inductors and ceramic wire-round resistors offer superior power handling and clarity.
The SCM11 exhibits an easy load for amplifiers to drive albeit a slightly larger amplifier is suggested with 75 to 300 watts on tap. The SCM11 is designed for optimum performance without the grille but are supplied with full frontal perforated metal items in dark grey if you wish to use them.
- New ATC designed and built 25mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
- Precision undercut bass pole.
- “CLD” driver technology with 45mm integral soft dome.
- In-house, hand-wound precision flat wire coil.
- Massive optimised motor assembly.
- Flat impedance curve allowing easy load for amplifiers.
- 5 year warranty.
- Drivers: HF ATC 25mm Neodymium Soft Dome, Mid/LF ATC 150mm SC
- Matched Response: ±0.5dB
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 56Hz-22kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Sensitivity: 85dB @ 1W @ 1metre
- Max SPL: 108dB
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2kHz
- Connectors: Binding Posts/4mm Plugs, bi-wire
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 381x232x236mm (grill adds 28mm depth)
- Weight: 10.9kg
- Finishes: Black Ash, Satin Black and Satin White
- What Hi-Fi October 2013“ATC has struck gold again. These are the most talented standmounters anywhere near this price.”
- Hi-Fi Wigwam – March 2014
- Stereomojo – March 2014
- HiFi i Muzyka – January 2014
- Hi-Fi Pig – March 2015
- SCM11 Review, Financial Times, Jonathan Margolis, September 2015
- SCM11 Review, HIFICRITIC, March 2016