Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A880 - 7.2 Channel Wireless AV Receiver
Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A880 delivers a fully immersive home theater experience. You can watch the same video content in stunning Ultra High Definition on two compatible displays — great if you have both a TV and a video projector. This receiver even upscales HDMI sources so you can enjoy more of your video content in 4K resolution. Decoding for Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ brings movie soundtracks to life with three-dimensional realism.
The AVENTAGE difference
For their AVENTAGE-series receivers, Yamaha uses custom-designed parts with anti-resonance technology to reduce distortion caused by vibration. A rigid H-shaped frame adds stability to cut out chassis vibration almost completely. A specially designed fifth foot at the center of the receiver's base dampens internal and external vibrations, and an aluminum front panel further reduces resonance to maximize sound quality.
The RX-A2080's meticulous construction, symmetrical amplifier layout, and low-jitter digital circuitry all work together to give you accurate sound with precise stereo imaging and a wide, natural soundstage.
Flexible speaker configurations for a custom sound system
The RX-A880 has connections for nine speakers, and it can power up to seven speakers at a time. You can set up a standard 7.2-channel surround sound system, or you can go with 5.2-channel surround sound and use the rear surround channels as height channels in a 5.1.2 Atmos system.
You can also use the rear surround channels to bi-amp your main front speakers for more powerful sound, or reassign them to set up a wired stereo system in a separate room. When Zone 2 is powered on, Yamaha's Intelligent Amp Assign feature automatically redirects the power for the two surround back channels to your stereo setup in Zone 2, giving you five-channel surround sound in the living room.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup with multiple placement patterns for height channels
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and 4K Ultra HD (via HDMI inputs only)
- MusicCast Surround lets you add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration with Reflected Sound Control to deliver more accurate surround sound across different listening levels (microphone included)
- Enhanced Cinema DSP programs add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Virtual Cinema Front simulates surround sound effects when five connected speakers are all placed in the front of the room
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
- Dialogue Lift and Level Adjustment for clearer, louder dialogue while watching movies and shows
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver, controlled by your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- support for TIDAL and Deezer
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible phone, tablet, or computer
- Apple AirPlay 2 for flexible streaming options with compatible Apple devices
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components for whole-home audio
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 11.2 MHz)
Audio Performance Features:
- four 32-bit/384kHz Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters
- surround back speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping compatible front left and right speakers
- Pure Direct mode switches off front-panel display, tone controls, and DSP circuitry for cleaner sound with analog audio sources
- Compressed Music Enhancer improves sound quality of Bluetooth streams, MP3s, and other digital music files
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Yamaha MusicCast Controller app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- four SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- full-color on-screen display
- HDMI standby pass-through allows source switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- full-size headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 15"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 24.3 lbs.