Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3080 - 9.2 Channel Wireless AV Receiver
Yamaha's flagship AVENTAGE RX-A3080 offers the most flexible home theater and multi-room entertainment options, with outstanding sound for movies and music. Decoding for Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ brings movie soundtracks to life with incredible realism. This receiver lets you enjoy 4K video sources on up to three compatible displays, and it even upscales analog and HDMI sources so you can watch more of your video content in Ultra HD resolution.
The AVENTAGE difference
For their AVENTAGE-series receivers, Yamaha uses custom-designed parts with anti-resonance technology to reduce distortion caused by vibration. A rigid H-shaped frame adds stability to cut out chassis vibration almost completely. A specially designed fifth foot at the center of the receiver's base dampens internal and external vibrations, and an aluminum front panel further reduces resonance to maximize sound quality.
The RX-A3080's meticulous construction, symmetrical amplifier layout, and low-jitter digital circuitry all work together to give you accurate sound with precise stereo imaging and a wide, natural soundstage.
The RX-A3080 has outputs for eleven speakers (don't forget, it can only power nine speakers at once), so you can play music in up to two additional rooms and still enjoy five- or seven-channel surround sound in your home theater. If you have nine speakers connected in your living room, Yamaha's Intelligent Amp Assign feature automatically powers them all when the second and third zones aren't in use.
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports 5.1.2, 5.1.4, and 7.1.2 Atmos setups with multiple placement patterns for height channels
- 11.2-channel processing allows 7.1.4 and 9.1.2 Atmos configurations with an external amplifier
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- MusicCast Surround lets you add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration with Reflected Sound Control to deliver more accurate surround sound across different listening levels (microphone included)
- 64-bit Precision EQ calculation for more natural room acoustics
- Enhanced Cinema DSP programs add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Cinema DSP HD3 with Virtual Surround Back Speaker creates increased realism for movie soundtracks
- Virtual Cinema Front simulates surround sound effects when five connected speakers are all placed in the front of the room
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
- Dialogue Lift and Level Adjustment for clearer, louder dialogue while watching movies and shows
- Surround:AI technology analyzes your content and creates optimal surround effects in real time
Audio Performance Features:
- audiophile-grade 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre PRO Premier digital-to-analog converters for 7 main channels
- symmetrical power amp layout electrically isolates left and right channel circuitry for high signal-to-noise ratio and wider soundstage
- front presence speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping compatible front left and right speakers
- Pure Direct mode switches off front-panel display, tone controls, and DSP circuitry for cleaner sound with analog audio sources
- Compressed Music Enhancer improves sound quality of Bluetooth streams, MP3s, and other digital music files
- reinforced double-bottom chassis minimizes distortion even during high-volume output
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Yamaha MusicCast Controller app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 8 SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- full-color on-screen display
- HDMI standby pass-through allows source switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 7-1/2"H x 18-5/8"D (10-5/8"H with Wi-Fi antenna raised)
- full-size headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- weight: 39.9 lbs.