Yamaha AVENTAGE MX-A5200 - 11 Channel Power Amplifier
Power your ideal home movie experience
If you enjoy watching movies in the comfort of your own home, but want sound to rival the local multiplex, you're going to need power, and lots of it. The Yamaha MX-A5200 can drive up to 11 speakers, with an impressive 150 watts per channel.
A powerful amp lets your speakers play loud, but it also makes sure woofers and tweeters perform with pinpoint accuracy. The MX-A5200 is built around a large toroidal power transformer, offering up the steady stream of clean current that any good amp needs to make speakers sound their absolute best.
The MX-A5200 is a perfect partner for the Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5200 multichannel preamp/processor. Connect it or a similar preamp to this powerhouse with either unbalanced RCA cables or pro-quality balanced XLR cables. XLR connections provide an ultra-low-noise signal, so you can thrill to every detail in your favorite song and get wrapped up in movie soundtracks.
If you have a five-channel home theater with bi-amp capable speakers, you can obtain greater transparency and detail through bi-amping all five speakers.
Built to please, and to last
Independent symmetrical construction separates the left from the right channel circuitry, to preserve a clean signal path that improves the signal-to-noise ratio as well as widens the soundstage for exceptional two-channel listening. The amp's rigid chassis features a thick double bottom with steel vibration-control plates to keep it rock solid. And the current feedback design is highly responsive to changes in volume, so it can accurately keep up with explosive movie soundtracks or highly dynamic music.
- 11-channel power amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD with 2 channels driven
- 170 watts per channel into 6 ohms
- signal-to-noise ratio: 116 dB
- one unbalanced RCA and one balanced XLR input for each channel
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- massive toroidal power transformer for high current delivery with low noise
- symmetrical amp layout separates left and right channel circuits for improved signal-to-noise ratio
- 12-volt trigger input/output
- channel selector switches for bi-amping up to 5 compatible speakers at a time
- defeatable Auto Power Standby automatically shuts amp down after 8 hours of non-use
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- detachable power cable
- 17-1/8"W x 8-1/4"H x 18-1/4"D
- weight: 58.2 lbs.