Rogue Audio Pharaoh II Integrated Hybrid Tube Amplifier
When Rogue Audio began development of the Pharaoh amplifier they had one overarching goal: The realization of an integrated amplifier that, without compromise, would offer the performance of the finest separates. The new Pharaoh II pushes that performance to an even higher level. A new amplifier circuit designed around the Hypex N-core amplifier modules increases both power and performance. The preamplifier includes numerous upgrades as well as an improved phono section and an all new hybrid headphone amplifier.
The Pharaoh II uniquely combines solid state power amplification with tube pre-amplification to deliver amazing dynamics as well as the organic midrange and sweet top end that only a tube amp can provide. Along with truly outstanding sonics the Pharaoh II boasts numerous features including a tube/MOSFET headphone circuit, mm/mc user adjustable phono, home theater bypass, remote controlled volume with mute, and a processor loop. The Pharaoh II is truly a "one box" solution to all of your amplifier needs.
From a technical standpoint, the all important preamplifier section utilizes a pair of long plate 12AU7 tubes configured in a mu-follower topology. Large coupling caps and a host of exotic parts ensure that the audio signal is preserved perfectly during this critical stage of amplification. A huge linear power supply is then used to deliver energy to the solid state power amplifier section. Designed around the highly regarded Hypex N-CORE OEM modules, the amplifiers provide seemingly unlimited power and dynamics.
It's Good to Be King.....
- 250w Per Channel @ 8 ohms or 400w Per Channel @ 4 ohms
- Pure tube mu-follower preamplifier
- Slow-start automated logical turn-on
- Green design with extremely low power consumption
- Three pairs of line level inputs
- One pair phono inputs, mm/mc with 40/60 dB gain
- One pair balanced XLR inputs
- Adjustable phono loading (custom values available)
- Tube driven 1/4" headphone jack
- Massive high storage linear power supplies
- Mundorf EVO oil coupling caps
- Precision components throughout
- Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
- Detachable IEC power cord
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
- 3 year limited warranty (6 months on tubes)
- Weight: 39 pounds/45 pounds shipping weight
- Dimensions: 18.25" wide x 18" deep (incl. posts and knobs) 6.5" high
- Standby 6W, 1/2 Power 235W, Full power 435W
- Damping factor > 1000
Reviews & Awards