PSB SubSeries 450 - 12inch Powered Subwoofer
PSB's flagship powered sub
Flat frequency response down to 20 Hz is a bit of a rarity in the powered subwoofer world, but that's exactly what the PSB SubSeries 450 brings to the table. Bass this powerful and accurate ensures a visceral experience with dynamic and explosive movie soundtracks. It also provides a deep, rock-solid foundation for music, opening up the soundstage for a larger, more atmospheric listening environment. Savor every kick of a bass drum, plucked note on an upright double-bass, or rush of air from a pipe organ.
Powered by NAD Electronics
When two legendary audio companies like PSB Speakers and NAD Electronics join forces, you can bet great things are going to happen. For starters, the SubSeries 450 employs a custom-designed, high-current 400-watt amplifier by NAD. The amp's advanced digital signal processing (DSP) allowed PSB to maximize the sub's performance, ensuring the flattest possible frequency response while maintaining high bass output levels with extremely low distortion. PSB then matched the amplifier with a potent, front-firing 12" driver with two pressure-coupled, side-firing passive radiators for an unbeatable combination of superior bass clarity and deep-down musicality.
- frequency response: 20-150 Hz (±3dB)
- low frequency cutoff (-10dB): 15 Hz
- high-current Class D Discrete MOSFET amplifier custom built by NAD Electronics
- power output: 400 watts RMS (1,000 watts dynamic peak)
- front-firing 12" polypropylene woofer cone
- two 10" side-firing passive radiators
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) enclosure
- continuously variable low-pass 50-150 Hz crossover
- rear-panel volume, crossover, and variable 180° phase controls
- line-level and LFE inputs/outputs
- gold-plated binding post speaker-level inputs
- USB power port (5 volts, 500mA) for wireless adapters
- remote trigger input
- auto on/off
- ultra-low, energy-saving <0.5W standby power consumption
- detachable power cord
- high-gloss black lacquer finish
- 16-1/4"W x 15-3/4"H x 17-13/16"D
- weight: 45 lbs.