Pioneer PD-70AE - CD Player
CD and SACD reference player – also as a world class D/A converter.
The Pioneer development team left nothing to chance with the PD-70AE, consistently pursuing its overriding objective: optimum stereo playback of CDs and SACDs. This consistency is apparent the first time one encounters the player, which weighs a solid 18kg and receives discs in a massive aluminium drawer.
The construction of the housing with double floor, three interior assemblies and encapsulated aluminium drive block serves as the perfect, vibration-free mechanical foundation. Separate power supplies for the digital and analogue switching ranges guarantee spotlessly clean supply voltages.
Works as a premium D/A converter with digital audio inputs
In addition to being a SACD/CD player, the PD-70AE also functions as a D/A converter for delivering superb sound. The carefully designed build-quality brings out the full potential of the high-performance ESS DAC, letting you enjoy solid sound full of rich details from the connected component.
Analogue/digital discrete power supply circuitry
The digital and analogue circuitries each have discrete power supply. The PD-70AE is designed with the shortest and the most optimal power supply stage as well as audio signal path, to provide pure and rich sound reproduction.
Shielded CD drive case with anti vibration paint
The CD drive is housed in a shielded case with honeycomb mechanism cover and anti-vibration paint. The drive base is securely fixed by an aluminium frame, and placed through a floating structure using damping pulp material. This helps to minimise vibration within and outside the drive.
- Works as a Premium D/A Converter with Digital Audio Inputs
- Selected XLR Analogue Terminals (Gold Plated) with Full-Balanced Circuitry
- On/Off Switching Function for RCA Output
- Analogue/Digital Discrete Power Supply Circuitry
- Custom Electrolytic Capacitors for High-Quality Audio
- Lock Range Adjust Function for Reducing Jitter by Adjusting Lock Range Accuracy
- Digital Filter with 3 Modes (SHARP / SLOW / SHORT)
- Aluminium Die-Cast Tray
- Shielded CD Drive Case with Anti-Vibration Paint
- Honeycomb Mechanism Cover
- Aluminium Side Panels
- Rigid Under Base
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulators
- AC Inlet Type Thick Cables
- Playback: SACD, CD, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW
- Formats: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, WMA, AAC, DSD