Pangea AC14SE MKII Signature AC Power Cable
Pangea Audio’s AC-14SE MkII Signature Edition power cord will enhance the performance of CD players, DVD players, and other components. It is the ultimate affordable AC power cable for source components. This fourteen gauge cable uses three conductor groups consisting of a combination of solid and Litz conductors. The large-gauge center conductor is made of solid Cardas Grade One Copper. Surrounding this conductor are six cores consisting of one medium-gauge solid OFC copper conductor, which in turn is surrounded by six Litz conductors.
The net effect of Jay Victor's patented design is that every conductor is individually insulated. The braided shield is made of silver-plated copper for lower noise.
"Quite Simply the Best Copper on the Planet"
The original version of AC-14SE used a center conductor made from PCOCC copper, an extremely high purity form of Japanese copper. The new MkII version goes a substantial step further, upgrading to no-compromise Cardas Grade One Copper, which George Cardas of Cardas Audio developed for his own premium cables.
George’s copper is mined in Arizona, then shipped to a New England factory where it is very S-L-O-W-L-Y drawn into conductors in a process that includes reduction annealing between steps to further purify and meld the copper into what George calls "the most amazing audio conductor I have ever experienced. It is quite simply the best copper on the planet."
"The bottom line is that the best phono cartridges manufactured in the world, the best transformer winders, and the best cable manufactures in the world are converting to this smooth sounding Cardas Grade One Copper," George reports.
"It is simply stunning how using a combination of space-age technology (reduction annealing) and ancient drawing process (diamond dies and a slow multi stage annealing) can result in such a refined product."
Specifically Designed for Source Components
Pangea Audio's AC-14SE MkII Signature Edition power cable is specifically designed for source components, which do not require the same large amounts of current as receivers, amps, and subs. The AC-14SE provides more than enough current while offering multiple shielding and other features that facilitate extremely clean and noise-free power.
Pangea designed the AC-14SE MkII specifically for wide-band delivery of power to line-level AV components. It will enhance the performance of preamps, CD players, DVD players, DACs, and other line-level components.
Superior flexibility means easier installation, and the lightweight design doesn't impede the effectiveness of isolation devices. The AC-14SE MkII's solid blade 24k gold-plated copper contacts offer superior electrical contact. Special two-shot molded connector bodies protect vital AC connections from oxidation and corrosion for long life.
- Ultimate AC power cable for source components
- No-compromise Cardas Grade One Copper center conductor
- Better transient response, lower noise floor
- A combination of solid and Litz conductors
- One large-gauge solid Cardas Copper center conductor
- Six medium-gauge solid OFC copper conductors surrounded by six Litz conductors
- Silver-plated copper braided shield
- Screw-in/screw-out solid copper ground pin
- Designed specifically for wide-band delivery of power to line-level AV components
- Designed specifically for wide-band delivery of power to line-level AV components like preamps, CD players, DVD players, DACs, and other line-level components
- Counter-spiraled conductors for superior noise rejection
- Superior flexibility for easier installation
- Highly flexible design doesn't impede the effectiveness of isolation devices
- Solid blade 24k gold-plated copper contacts for superior electrical contact
- Special two-shot molded connector bodies protect vital AC connections for maximum current delivery and long life