NAD C 328 Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier
When it comes to Classic Series amplifiers, no feature is overlooked. Low noise circuits, precise volume control action, and accurate channel balance are all key characteristics of the C 328. With the added bonus of proper input and output impedance traits, plus high overload margins and stability with difficult speaker loads, the C 328 is the best choice for audiophiles who are just starting to build their dream systems. The C 328 also includes a MM phono stage with precisely correct RIAA equalization, high overload margins, extremely low noise, and an innovative circuit to suppress infrasonic noise that is present on all LPs—all without affecting bass response.
For 45 years, NAD Electronics has introduced aspiring audiophiles to the vast world of hi-fi. From our flagship Masters Series, to our budget-friendly Classic Series, NAD has a component for everyone. Following in the footsteps of some of NAD’s greatest units, the NAD C 328 delivers the most fundamental of features, while firmly adhering to NAD’s unwavering commitment to exquisite sound. The C 328 can wirelessly connect to any smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth®-enabled device within range, to give you a seamless listening experience. Featuring a MM phono input, the C 328 breathes new life into vinyl LPs, thanks in part to NAD’s innovative Hybrid Digital™ amp technology. The C 328 also features a headphone amplifier, letting you connect your favourite headphones and settle back into your own world of detailed sound. Although more modest in comparison to other Classic Series amplifiers, the C 328 will fit perfectly into your existing system and bring you the musical nirvana you’ve been searching for.
The line inputs of the C 328 can accommodate all kinds of analogue source components. It offers ideal input impedance attributes with linear, ultra-low noise buffer amplifiers to prevent any sonic degradation caused by improper loading of the source device. The C 328 also features a separate headphone amplifier with low output impedance and very high output voltage capability, enough in fact to drive even high impedance studio monitor headphones. The low impedance line outputs can also connect to a subwoofer to further extend the versatility of the C 328.
Ready for Streaming
With support for Bluetooth, you can instantly connect and listen to the music service of your choice, or wirelessly stream music and playlists stored directly on your smartphone, tablet or computer. Plus, with its high performance digital circuitry, Bluetooth streaming has never sounded as good as it does with the C 328.
Since moving away from old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages. Once thought to be inferior to traditional topologies, NAD’s advanced work in this area has led to some of the best performing amplifiers on the market today. These new designs are linear over a wide bandwidth and provide consistent performance into all speaker loads, delivering a dramatic advancement.
The power supply of the C 328 is able to provide over 100 watts of audio output when needed. The C 328 can operate with any AC mains voltage from 100V to 240V and provides pure DC power to all of its various stages. This extremely efficient supply also provides near perfect regulation of voltage across a wide range of conditions and provides a solid noise-free foundation for the amplifying stages.
The C 328 uses a customised version of the proven Hypex UcD output stage. This allows for massive power with nearly immeasurable distortion and noise in the audible range. Every detail of this design has been carefully crafted and perfectly executed to wring out the best performance possible. The perfect starter amp for audiophiles and music lovers alike, the C 328 will flawlessly deliver NAD’s signature flexibility and expansive power.
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device
- independent built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- 4 digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- subwoofer output
- full-size headphone jack
- pair of binding post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- RS-232 port
- Remote control
- Continuous output power into 8 Ohms and 4 Ohms: 50 W (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz): <0.03 % (100 mW to 40 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95 dB (A-weighted, 500 mV input, ref. 1 W out 8 ohms)
- Frequency response: ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 70 x 285 mm (17 1/8 x 2 13/16 x 11 1/4″)
- Net weight: 4.9 kg (10.8 lb)
- Shipping weight: 5.9 kg (13.0 lb)
Reviews & Awards