Musical Fidelity M2si Integrated Amplifier
The Musical Fidelity M2si integrated amplifier takes our peerless premium-amp experience and applies it to a more affordable price point. It boasts trickle-down technology from our mighty and legendary Titan flagship, plus other high-end touches such as solid metal controls. The M2si delivers 72 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 137 watts into 4 ohms. This means the M2si will drive a wide range of speakers, even power-hungry models.
Further flexibility is provided by the M2si's excellent connectivity, which includes six line-level inputs and switchable home-theatre throughput. It features a Class A preamp stage with its own, independent power supply, coupled with a discrete pair of power amps. In effect, this means the M2si offers the performance benefits of a pre/power configuration with the compact convenience of a one-box design.
Its performance is rock-solid, it's sonically well-rounded and it's comfortable with a wide array of speakers. And it's all served up in an elegant, no-nonsense package.
- Power 72 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (18dBW)
- Voltage 22 Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz; onset of clipping
- 62 Volts peak to peak
- Current 25 Amps peak to peak
- Damping factor 36
- Output devices 1 pair per channel
- THD+N < 0.014 % typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / noise ratio > 96dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance 40 k Ohms
- Frequency response +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Line level inputs 6 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Line level outputs 1 pair line level RCA connectors, constant level TAPE outputs
- 1 pair line level RCA connectors, preamp outputs for e.g. bi-amping
- Speaker outputs 2 pairs 4mm banana plug/binding posts
- Mains voltage 230VAC 50/60Hz (factory pre-set)
- Consumption 320 Watts maximum
- Weight: Unit only, unboxed 9.2 kg (20¼ lbs), In shipping carton 13 kg (30⅔ lbs)
- Dimensions: Wide 440 mm (17⅓”). High, including feet 100 mm (4”). Deep (front to back) including terminals 400 mm (15¾”)
Reviews & Awards