Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - Hi-Res USB Interface
The newly designed USB Audio Class 2.0 asynchronous digital interface X-SPDIF 2, inherited the excellent quality from its last generation. You can connect the digital audio stream receive devices through the newly added IIS port, to avoid the loss caused by digital signal protocol conversion. X-SPDIF 2 built-in high-quality femtosecond clock and FPGA processing unit, it can playback up to 32bit/768kHz PCM audio stream and 1bit/22.4MHz DSD audio stream.
- More powerful X-Core
- FPGA Control Centre
- Audiophile Crystal Oscillators
- Multi-Level LD0
- Configurable IIS Port
- External Power Supply
- CNC Aluminium Chassis
More Powerful X-Core
The new generation XMOS U208 is an 8 core digital signal processing unit, it has powerful multi-core and multi-threaded processing capabilities, and it is the industry's most advanced USB Class 2.0 digital audio solution by far.
FPGA Control Centre
The strong XILINX SPARTAN FPGA assist XMOS to manage and assign the clock, processing DoP transcoding and JITTER reduction for IIS port.
Audiophile Crystal Oscillators
X-SPDIF 2 uses 2 Accusilicon high-quality femtosecond clocks as a reference clock source, which work at the state of 44.1kHz, 48kHz and their multiple sample rate. The FPGA automatically control the frequency assignment and switching, and the femtosecond clock has independent ultra-low noise LDO power supply.
The power supply units of X-SPDIF 2 are constructed by multi-level, multi-group LDOs and solid capacitors, they can filter out the superimposed noise from power supply effectively. All the circuit powered by low noise or ultra-low noise LDO, which avoided the hi-frequency switch noise caused by the DC/DC circuit. You also can obtain high-quality power from the USB bus.
Configurable IIS Port
X-SPDIF 2 support different standard of IIS, it can compatible for different devices by configuring the IIS definition switch. The DoP converting function transcode DoP audio stream to native DSD stream output from IIS port.
External Power Supply
X-SPDIF 2 has a power supply interface, you can add an external linear power supply to it. It will disconnect the USB bus power automatically when you connect it to external power, then the X-SPDIF 2 can work with mobile devices.
CNC Aluminium Chassis
In order to get the best electromagnetic shielding performance, to minimize the impact of mechanical vibration, X-SPDIF 2 still followed the CNC aluminium chassis design. We are not afraid of the complicated design and process, to make sure your computer can output high quality digital audio stream.
- AES, Coaxial & Optical: PCM 16-24Bit upto 192kHz / DSD 2.8MHz (DoP)
- IIS LVDS: PCM 16-32Bit upto 768kHz / DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6 MHz, 11.2 MHz, 22.4MHz, 45MHz (Native)
- USB bus power supply: 5V/500mA
- External power supply: DC 6~9V，≥800mA
- Power supply port: outer diameter 5.5mm; inner diameter 2.1mm (+ for inner, - for outer)
- Dimension: 133×142×38mm(L×W×H, including protruding parts)
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Accessories: USB cable
- Please Note: Do not connect to the power supply with a voltage above 9V, or will cause damage. It will auto disconnect USB bus supply after connected to the external power supply. It needs to connect to the external power supply when using a mobile phone or tablet which have a USB port with low current output.