Matrix Audio Element i - Roon Ready Hi-Res Music Streamer DAC
Matrix Audio's brand-new element series has a simplified visual design removing unnecessary elements. It features simple visual lines with a precision CNC anodizing aluminium case. Matrix Audio spent more than a year incorporating a quad-core ARM processor (Freescale i.MX6) into Matrix products. Then they developed a high-quality audio system based on Linux. The element series is their first product that transforms into a full-featured audio source with built-in music playback for streaming media over your network or files from a local disk.
With the help of MA player, no matter at the desk, beside your TV, in the bedroom or dining room, element i is always waiting for your playback commands. Get rid of computers, as long as you are on the same Wi-Fi or wired network, use Airplay, DLNA or playback your collected digital audio.
- MA Remote App
- Discrete Headphone Amp
- ES9028PRO D/A
- External Power Supply
MA Remote App
MA Remote app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android phones now. Browse and play your own high-quality digital audio, or enjoy hi-res streaming audio, whatever you want. MA Remote is now integrated with TIDAL and Qobuz streaming service. In addition, it’s also ROON Ready. Find Matrix device and control through ROON Remote, making playback faster.
Discrete Headphone Amp
The Element I has a discrete component headphone amp with up to 1300mw of power, it can easily drive various high-resistance full-sized headphones and high-sensitive IEMs. The excellent dynamic performance and inaudible background noise, make you concentrate on the music. The device can be controlled by either IR remote or MA Remote app, you can easily control the volume and input channels even if connecting to active speakers or power amplifiers.
The Element I aims to be cost-effective, but the hardware is still powerful enough: the Freescale i.MX6 series dual-core ARM processor is used as the master core of the MA player, the D/A converting module is using the ES9028PRO 8-channel D/A chip from ESS and XU208 audio interface from XMOS. As an entry model, Matrix Audio kept the IIS LVDS port, which allows the Element I to connect to USB interfaces with femtosecond clocks.
External Power Supply
The Element I is powered by an external power supply. Audiophiles can upgrade their external linear power supply according to their requirements and explore the potential of Element I. Even so, the power conditioning section in the Element I is never compromised. Each circuit unit still uses multi-channel low-ripple LDO independently, as the basis of good sound performance.
- Coaxial & Optical: PCM 16-24Bit upto 192kHz / DSD 2.8MHz (DoP)
- IIS LVDS: PCM 16-32Bit upto 768kHz / DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6 MHz, 11.2 MHz, 22.4MHz, 45MHz (Native)
- USB Audio: PCM 16-24Bit up to 768kHz / DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz, 22.4MHz (Native)
- Format Supported: MP3 , WMA , WAV , AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, ALAC, M4A, DSF, DFF
- LAN: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
- WLAN: 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard
- Headphone Output:
- SNR: >-111dB@2VRMS
- THD+N: <0.0006%@1VRMS
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ±0.1 -3dB@47kHz
- Output Impedance: <0.6Ω
- Output Power: 1320mW@33Ω，248mW@300Ω，124mW@600Ω，1%THD
- Gain: +12dB
- Power Voltage: DC12V ≥1.67A
- Stand-by Power Consumption:＜1W
- Sleep Power Consumption:＜5W
- Max Power Consumption:＜20W
- Dimension: 240×220×55mm(L×W×H, including protruding parts)
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Accessories: RM3 remote control, Power Adapter, USB cable