Lindemann Limetree NETWORK II Music Streamer
- The LINDEMANN streaming platform offers a studio master grade reproduction. Either through a LAN connection or wireless via WLAN. Due to WPS, integrating the device into your existing system is just a breeze. Moreover, the ARM core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- Technologically the Limetree NETWORK II offers quite a few highlights: with the ES9038 Hypersteam2-DAC we use one of the currently best digital-analog converters, clocked by an ultimate precision MEMS femto clock. The result is a particularly transparent and at the same time ”analog“ sound quality.
- As an extra feature the Limetree NETWORK II offers a volume control in the analog domain which has been realized using a resistor network. The otherwise usual digital volume control has been waived completely. Especially with medium and low volume levels, this solution delivers more details and body.
- The Limetree NETWORK II has a built-in high-quality headphone amp which can drive headphones from 16 ohms up. Via the rear line output amplifiers or active speakers may be connected. The level can be set independently for both outputs.
- A special highlight is our multi-room function which allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. These are conveniently controlled via the LINDEMANN app.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets. It enables to play back content from all major streaming providers, music servers and USB storage media. The album-oriented programming excels by smooth browsing and an easy, intuitive operation.
- The IR remote control, which is included in the delivery, allows not only to set the volume level, but also to navigate through playlists or on a CD.
- Via USB the Limetree NETWORK II supports the docking of external CD-ROM drives (e.g. Apple USB SuperDrive) and turns into a high-end CD player without much effort or cost! The drive is automatically recognized and the CD playback can be controlled by the LINDEMANN app or the IR remote. Thereby the CD data are cached in a memory and then streamed.
- The Limetree NETWORK II offers a Bluetooth function which enables a wireless music playback e.g. from smartphones or tablets. At the same time the A2DP Bluetooth audio transmission protocol ensures the very best sound quality.
The Lindemann App
The Limetree NETWORK II is controlled almost exclusively via the newly designed LINDEMANN app which is available both for Android and iOS. Apart from the smartphone version, there is also a proprietary tablet version in the landscape mode. The app allows a fluent, intuitive browsing and searching. A new feature is the simultaneous display of browse view and play view. In addition you can also call up your current play queue. The album-oriented programming allows the playback of a complete album with just one push of a button!
In addition, the specially integrated multi-room function also allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. The supply of streaming services is very diverse, with a clear focus on studio master quality and hi-fi subscriptions. Users can choose between TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, and Spotify Connect. In addition, thousands of podcasts and radio stations from all over the world are available.
The circuitry – designed around the powerful streaming platform – has been tuned for optimum signal quality. All music files are post-synchronized by an ultra precise FemtoClock. The data processed in this way are free from “jitter“, the most frequent cause of a poor digital playback quality. The sound is open, natural and follows the recording in its true sense.
For the output stage we use one of the finest amplifier modules on the market which sets new standards as a headphone amp not only in terms of metrology. For the power supply we use a high-quality “medical grade“ wall plug transformer which ensures a particularly good isolation from line disturbances. Owing to the elaborated onboard filtering and special voltage regulators, we were able to realize an exceptionally low-noise power supply with a ripple voltage below 10 µV.
- Power consumption: 0.1 W standby, 3.5 W operation, max. 12 W
- Power supply: 5 V DC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 107 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 4.2 in)
- Weight: 300 g (10.58 oz)
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- USB: 2.0 high-speed host interface, max. output current 1.5 A
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis,
- WMA, DSD
- Network standards: UPnP and DLNA
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit
- DSD resolution: DSD 64 up to DSD 256
- Gapless playback
- Streaming services: TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio,
- Spotify Connect
- Internet radio and podcast
- Roon ready
- Resolution: 384 kHz/32 bit and DSD 256
- Dynamic range: > 120 dB
- THD & noise: < 0.003% (@ 0 dB FS)
- Clock: ultra-low jitter MEMS
- D/A-Converter: ES 9038 Sabre
- Output voltage: 2.2 V @ 0 dB FS
- Headphone connector: 3.5 mm jack socket
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16 - 300 ohms