Lindemann Limetree BRIDGE II Music Streamer
The Lindemann Limetree BRIDGE II is a high-class network adapter or audio renderer which can transfer music digitally in studio master quality from streaming providers and local storage media to existing D/A converters or other devices with digital inputs. This makes it possible to upgrade an existing hi-fi system with streaming for little money.
Here we would like to address owners of older LINDEMANN devices such as the 820S or the 825, but of course all other customers with a converter or a CD player with a digital input as well.
For this purpose the Limetree BRIDGE II is simply connected with the network by means of a LAN cable or via WLAN. It has also a USB port for connecting harddisks or USB storage media. There is an optical and a coaxial digital output. A professional studio engineering sample rate converter makes sure that all streamed formats can be played back on an existing converter without major losses in sound quality.
- The LINDEMANN streaming platform offers a studio master grade reproduction. Either through a LAN connection or wireless via WLAN. Due to WPS, integrating the device into your existing system is just a breeze. Moreover, the ARM core high-performance processor and the web update feature make the platform absolutely future-proof.
- The Limetree BRIDGE II offers a Bluetooth function which enables a wireless music playback e.g. from smartphones or tablets. At the same time the A2DP Bluetooth audio transmission protocol ensures the very best sound quality.
- Via USB the Limetree BRIDGE II supports the docking of external CD-ROM drives (e.g. Apple USB SuperDrive) and turns into a high-end CD player without much effort or cost! The drive is automatically recognized and the CD playback can be controlled by the LINDEMANN app or the IR remote. Thereby the CD data are cached in a memory and then streamed.
- The digital outputs of the Limetree BRIDGE II can be perfectly adapted to the input of the employed D/A converter. First the maximum permissible sample rate of the connected D/A converter is set. In a second step the audio data from the streaming platform are adjusted by a high-quality sample rate converter from the studio technology to enable a reproduction of all resolutions without any loss of sound quality. For the up- and down-sampling process we use only binary multiples: x1, x2, x4, x8. 192 kHz will thus be converted to 96 kHz or 48 kHz and vice versa, 44.1 kHz will become 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz. Two different operating modes (strategies) are up for choice: up-sampling to the highest possible value in each case, or bit-perfect reproduction without up-sampling.
- The LINDEMANN app is available for Android and iOS, both for smartphones and tablets. It enables to play back content from all major streaming providers, music servers and USB storage media. The album-oriented programming excels by smooth browsing and an easy, intuitive operation.
- A special highlight is our multi-room function which allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. These are conveniently controlled via the LINDEMANN app.
- The Limetree BRIDGE II can play back music from USB storage media such as USB sticks or harddisks. For this purpose the device is equipped with a USB host port on the back.
The Lindemann App
The Limetree BRIDGE II is controlled almost exclusively via the newly designed LINDEMANN app which is available both for Android and iOS. Apart from the smartphone version, there is also a proprietary tablet version in the landscape mode. The app allows a fluent, intuitive browsing and searching. A new feature is the simultaneous display of browse view and play view. In addition you can also call up your current play queue. The album-oriented programming allows the playback of a complete album with just one push of a button!
In addition, the specially integrated multi-room function also allows to run several streamers in different rooms separately or coupled. The supply of streaming services is very diverse, with a clear focus on studio master quality and hi-fi subscriptions. Users can choose between TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio, and Spotify Connect. In addition, thousands of podcasts and radio stations from all over the world are available.
Centered around the powerful streaming platform, the circuit of the Limetree BRIDGE II has been fine-tuned for optimum signal quality. All music files are re-synchronized by an ultra precise femto clock and a sample rate converter from the studio technology. The thus processed data are free from “jitter“ which is the most frequent cause of bad digital sound. With many older D/A converters, the particularly stable digital signal of the Limetree BRIDGE II produces an audible increase in sound quality.
For the power supply we use a high-quality “medical grade“ wall plug transformer which ensures a particularly good isolation from line disturbances. Owing to the elaborated onboard filtering and special voltage regulators, we were able to realize an exceptionally low-noise power supply with a ripple voltage below 10 µV.
- Power consumption: 0.1 W standby, 3.5 W operation, 11 W max.
- Power supply: 5V DC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 107 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 4.2 in)
- Weight: 300 g (0.66 lbs)
- RCA coaxial 75 ohms: max. resolution 192 kHz, 24 bit
- TOS optical: max. resolution 96 kHz, 24 bit
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit/s
- WLAN: dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB: 2.0 high-speed host interface, max. output current 1.5 A
- Supported codecs: WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA
- Network standards: UPnP and DLNA
- PCM resolution: 44.1 kHz up to 384 kHz, 24 bit
- Streaming services: TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Deezer, HighResAudio,
- Spotify Connect
- Internet radio and podcast
- Roon ready