KEF LSX - Wireless Streaming Speaker Pair
Compact speakers with full-range sound
KEF LSX speakers resemble their impressive big brother, the KEF LS50 Wireless, with a smaller footprint and more compact enclosure. But don't let their size fool you — you'll be amazed at how much clear, well-defined sound comes out of these beauties.
Listen to a range of sources
The right-hand speaker features analog and digital inputs for connecting components like a turntable with a built-in phono preamp or a CD player. Or you can stream music wirelessly via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
They come in five stylish colors to match your decor, so they'll look as good as they sound.
Audiophiles may appreciate the ability to make a wired connection between speakers via the included Ethernet cable, but the pair can also be linked wirelessly to allow for more flexible placement options.
With traditional passive speakers, it can be hard to find just the right amplifier to match. KEF has eliminated the guesswork with the LSX. They put two custom-designed amplifiers in each speaker — 70 watts to each 4-1/2" woofer, and 30 watts to each 3/4" tweeter — so each driver gets exactly the power it needs for phenomenal results.
And the attention to detail doesn't stop there. Each driver has a high-end 24-bit/192 kHz DAC to make digital sound come alive.
Built-in digital signal processing (DSP) offers an easy Beginner mode, but you may prefer to take total control in Expert mode, and tweak the sound to perfectly suit your listening space. Whichever way you choose, you can make your changes via a free smartphone app, available for Apple® and Android™ devices.
A wide "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's tweeter in the acoustic center of the bass/midrange cone. That lets LSX speakers create a detailed, accurate, three-dimensional sound image. In essence, it makes the "sweet spot" — the ideal listening position — much larger. Sit wherever you like! It'll sound fantastic.
Customizable room EQ with the free app
KEF knows each room is unique, so they've put the power of choice in your hands. Just download KEF's free app, and you'll be able to tune the speakers to suit your space. Once you've made all the big adjustments, you can revisit and make fine-tuning tweaks to your heart's content.
- frequency response: 59-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- bi-amped design with separate Class D woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- woofer amplifier power: 70 watts
- tweeter amplifier power: 30 watts
- Uni-Q Driver Array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- individual 24-bit/192kHz DAC for each driver
- 4-1/2" magnesium/aluminium alloy woofer
- 3/4" vented aluminium dome tweeter
- remote included
- peak SPL: 102 dB
- Bluetooth® 4.2 with aptX® for high-quality audio streaming performance
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for audio streaming from DLNA devices on your network
- precise digital signal processing controls allow optimal room integration
- free downloadable app lets you make pinpoint EQ adjustments with your Apple® or Android™ device
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear port for accurate, musical bass
- MDF enclosure with elegant curved front baffle
Connections (located on back of right-hand speaker):
- Toslink digital optical input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm aux input
- 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet input for network connection
- RJ-45 port on each speaker for connecting the pair
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 6-1/8"W x 9-1/2"H x 7-1/8"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs. (left speaker), 7.9 lbs. (right speaker)
- warranty: 1 year