KEF LS50 Wireless - Wireless Streaming Speaker
A gorgeous, versatile high-end audio solution
KEF LS50 Wireless powered speakers stand out from the crowd. They have a lot to offer. They're beautiful, compact, easy to use, and versatile enough to form the core of your everyday sound system. And you won't believe the rich, detailed sound they produce.
Audiophile sound quality
When you're going for that magical level of sonic realism that can raise goosebumps, one of the biggest challenges is matching the right amplifier to your speakers. So KEF has eliminated the guesswork: they put two custom-designed amplifiers in each speaker — 200 watts to each woofer, and 30 watts to each tweeter — so each driver gets perfect power. And the attention to detail doesn't stop there. Each driver has a high-end 192 kHz/24-bit DAC to make digital sound come alive.
Built-in digital signal processing (DSP) offers an easy Beginner mode, but you may prefer to take total control in Expert mode, and tweak the sound to perfectly suit your unique room. Whichever way you choose, you can make your changes via a free smartphone app, available for Apple® and Android™ devices.
Did we mention that they're super-stylish?
LS50 Wireless speakers come in three attractive color combinations, so they'll delight your eyes as much as they do your ears. Each has a curved front baffle that adds a touch of elegance to your shelf or speaker stands. Even the most design-conscious homeowner can find a prominent place to display these beauties.
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's tweeter in the acoustic center of the bass/midrange cone. That lets the LS50 Wireless create a detailed, accurate, three-dimensional sound image. In essence, it makes the "sweet spot" — the ideal listening position — much larger. Sit wherever you like! It'll sound fantastic.
Customizable room EQ with the free app
KEF knows your room is unique, so they've put the power of choice in your hands. Just download KEF's free app, and you'll be able to tune the speakers to suit your space. Once you've made all the big adjustments, you can revisit and make manual tweaks to your heart's content.
Think of a way you want to use these LS50 Wireless speakers, and you'll likely find a connection to make it happen. Want to transform the sound from your TV? Run an optical digital cable to the back of the right-hand speaker. Enhance computer gaming by plugging your machine into the asynchronous USB port. You can even run the output of your phono preamp into the RCA inputs and enjoy your favorite records.
Or, you can skip the wires altogether and stream your favorite high-res tunes through the LS50 Wireless' Bluetooth® connection. Or use your home's Wi-Fi® network to play music files from a DLNA-compatible computer or music server. The left and right speakers share audio signals via an included Ethernet cable.
- frequency response: 45-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- bi-amped design with separate Class D woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- woofer amplifier power: 200 watts
- tweeter amplifier power: 30 watts
- Uni-Q Driver Array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- individual 192kHz/24-bit DAC for each driver
- 5-1/4" magnesium/aluminium alloy woofer
- 1" vented aluminium dome tweeter
- peak SPL: 106 dB
- Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX® for high-quality audio streaming performance
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for audio streaming from DLNA devices on your network
- Spotify Connect lets you stream music wirelessly using the Spotify app on your smartphone or tablet (premium subscription required; requires firmware 1.62 or later)
- precise digital signal processing controls allow optimal room integration
- free downloadable app lets you make pinpoint EQ adjustments with your Apple® or Android™ device
- bass-reflex cabinet with elliptical rear port for accurate, musical bass
- MDF enclosure with elegant curved front baffle
Connections (located on back of right-hand speaker):
- stereo line level RCA input
- Toslink digital optical input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- asynchronous USB Type B input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- 10/100 Mbps RJ45 Ethernet input
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 7-7/8"W x 11-7/8"H x 13-1/4"D
- weight: 22 lbs. (left speaker), 22.5 lbs. (right speaker)
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth powered speaker (Right)
- Bluetooth powered speaker (Left)
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- 10' Cat-6 interconnect speaker cable
- 6.5' USB-B to USB-A cable
- 42" Ethernet cable
- Remote control (CR2032 battery installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Information
- Warranty Information
- "Caution/Warning" sheet