JBL 4429 Studio Monitor (Pre-Owned)
JBL's 4429 bookshelf loudspeaker is designed for listeners whose tastes run the gamut. Able to handle every type of music with incredible ease and be placed close to walls, 4429 plays with ultra-realistic macro- and micro-dynamics at any volume. An advanced compression driver delivers buttery smooth highs, while a 12-inch woofer offers visceral, in-your-chest punch. Effortlessly delivering the bandwidth and dynamics of the newest digital media – sans suppression at any listening level – 4429 reveals subtleties you may never knew existed on your favourite tunes. Indeed, every detail of the design and construction is directed toward giving you tremendous sonic performance.
Featuring a large 12-inch woofer as well as substantial high-frequency and ultra-high-frequency compression drivers with a one-piece SonoGlass horn, 4429 delivers quick, tight bass, a natural, well-focused midrange and clear, distinct highs. A new crossover network and improved internal bracing extend the advantages wrought by 4429 when it comes to naturalness, clarity and detail. Yet the finest benefit of 4429 comes back to its superb capability with any type of music at even extreme volumes – a feat that simply means you'll be listening more often, and to more diverse material. Saved for you with the security of our 100% Music Direct Guarantee, a seat at your own personal mixing desk awaits.
1200FE-8 Low-Frequency Transducer
Featuring a 12-inch pure-pulp cone woofer and large-aperture ferrite magnet and edge-wound aluminum voice-coil assembly, the 1200FE-8 driver delivers impressively deep, visceral bass that will not degrade at any volume level.
175Nd-3 High-Frequency Compression Driver
With a 1.75-inch pure-titanium diaphragm, the 175Nd-3 compression driver produces extremely accurate midrange to high-frequency performance with minimal distortion and power compression for explosively realistic dynamics at all listening levels.
138Nd Ultra-High-Frequency Compression Driver
A 0.75-inch pure-titanium diaphragm produces realistic dynamics far beyond the range of human hearing, with ultrasmooth response ideal for SACD and other high-resolutionformats.
SonoGlass High-Frequency and Ultra-High-Frequency Horns
Dense, mechanically inert high- and ultrahigh-frequency horns with extremely precise Bi-Radial horn flares eliminate horn resonances for clear, distortion-free sound.
JBL: Continuing to Improve How You Hear
JBL plays an indirect or direct role in practically everything you hear today. From pioneering motion-picture sound to its long history in the world's finest recording studios and concert venues to creating dozens of high-end loudspeaker technologies – including "firsts" for woofers, transducers, drivers, and coils – JBL has changed how everyone listens. Music Direct is honoured to carry several very special models previously only available in Japan. Renowned for lifelike dynamics and beguiling high-frequency extension, they will continue to transform how you hear.
- Extremely rigid, heavily braced, one-inch MDF enclosures
- Dual front-mounted ports provide optimal woofer tuning for extended bass
- Continuously variable MF and HF attenuators let users tailor driver output
- Bi-wire capability for use with multiple amplifiers and speaker-wire sets
- Walnut veneer with polyurethane topcoat and blue baffle and grille
- High-performance compression-driver system
- Low-frequency transducer: 300mm pure-pulp cone woofer 1200FE-8
- High-frequency transducer: 50mm titanium diaphragm 175Nd-3
- Ultrahigh-frequency transducer: 19mm titanium diaphragm 138Nd
- Recommended amplifier power: 200 watts RMS
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 45kHz (–6dB)
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- Sensitivity: 91dB (2.83V/1m)
- Crossover frequencies: 800Hz, 7kHz
- Controls: Attenuators for MF and HF drivers
- Enclosure type: 25mm (1")-thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) stock, ported
- Connector type: Dual gold-plated five-way binding posts
- Finish: Top coated walnut veneer
- Grille colour: Monitor Blue
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 635mm x 400mm x 300mm (25" x 15-3/4" x 12")
- Weight: 32.3kg (71 lb)
- Price per Piece