Exposure XM3 Phono Amplifier
The Exposure XM3 Phono Amplifier from Exposure's XM Series of components may be small in size but they’re big on features and performance. With unmatched levels of sound quality and clarity, the XM Series conveys the art of music replay with outstanding realism.
Exposure has been perfecting the art of creating real hi-fi for real music lovers since 1974. What do we mean by ‘real’? Remember the days when things were designed by skilled engineers, perfected over time and built to last? When products were expected to concentrate on doing what they did exceptionally well without fail, rather than getting bogged down with the latest gadgets and gizmos? That’s what we mean by real hi-fi.
As for real music lovers, no need to explain. You know who you are. You also probably know what you want. A system that brings your beloved music collection to life, not one that looks flash at cocktail parties or requires a second mortgage. It might take a little stretch, but it won’t break the bank. It also won’t require several rocket scientists to set up and maintain.
What it will do, is to give you real music. Hair-raising and spine-tingling listening experiences. Exposure hi-fi is renowned for its ‘rightness’ of sound. There is delicacy in the upper ranges and openness in the mid-range, underpinned by deep yet agile bass that dances along. To put it another way, our design philosophy is to make hi-fi that gets on with the task of authentically reproducing any and every kind of music, while the equipment itself hides in the background. Which is smart thinking, since real music lovers prefer to listen to their music rather than the hi-fi.
On the outside, our products are simple, clean and elegant. Robustly built, they offer friendly features and clear controls. We think that the best place for all the complex engineering is on the inside, where decades of research and development go into producing that renowned musical performance.
Exposure is available worldwide from a network of specialist shops run by people who know a thing or two about the complex relationship between people, hi-fi and music. From our ‘twenty’ and ‘XM’ series to our ‘thirty’ and ‘fifty’ series, we hope that you will be as delighted with the price as the sound.
Exposure is proud to be a British company based in the south of England and Exposure products are British from design to finish.
- Large 200W custom made toroidal transformer for power supply
- Multiple power supply capacitors in parallel for low ESR
- All discrete transistor audio stages
- High quality resistors & capacitors used in the signal path
- Separate MM & MC inputs selectable on the back panel
- Adjustable loading & gain switches on the back panel
- High quality all aluminium case work and extruded front panel
- Three year warranty
- Available in Black or Titanium
- Made in UK
Moving Magnet Input
- Sensitivity : 3.5mV input for 350mV output, 40dB gain setting
- Signal to Noise ratio, ref 1KHz & 350mV out :
- Gain Switch 4 ON : >70dB
- Gain Switch 4 OFF : >78dB
Moving Coil Input
- Sensitivity : 350uV input for 350mV output, 60dB gain setting
- Signal to Noise ratio, ref 1KHz & 350mV out : >67db A weighted. ALL gain switches (4-6)
- Frequency Response : 30Hz - 20Hz within +/- 0.25dB ref 1KHz with low frequency roll off below 30Hz
- Total Harmonic @ 1KHz, ref 350mV out <0.025% MC Input :
- Maximum Ouput Voltage : 7.8V RMS 1KHz
- Output Impedance : 50 ohms
- Mains Supply : 220/240V @ 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption : <25W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 89mm x 348mm
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 4kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 5kg
Reviews & Awards