Exposure 5010 Stereo Preamplifier
The Exposure 5010 Preamplifier is from the 5010 Series, our best performing Pre-Amplifiers and Power Amplifiers yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the 5010 Series is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment and pleasure.
Exposure has been perfecting the art of creating real hi-fi for real music lovers since 1974. What do we mean by ‘real’? Remember the days when things were designed by skilled engineers, perfected over time and built to last? When products were expected to concentrate on doing what they did exceptionally well without fail, rather than getting bogged down with the latest gadgets and gizmos? That’s what we mean by real hi-fi.
As for real music lovers, no need to explain. You know who you are. You also probably know what you want. A system that brings your beloved music collection to life, not one that looks flash at cocktail parties or requires a second mortgage. It might take a little stretch, but it won’t break the bank. It also won’t require several rocket scientists to set up and maintain.
What it will do, is to give you real music. Hair-raising and spine-tingling listening experiences. Exposure hi-fi is renowned for its ‘rightness’ of sound. There is delicacy in the upper ranges and openness in the mid-range, underpinned by deep yet agile bass that dances along. To put it another way, our design philosophy is to make hi-fi that gets on with the task of authentically reproducing any and every kind of music, while the equipment itself hides in the background. Which is smart thinking, since real music lovers prefer to listen to their music rather than the hi-fi.
On the outside, our products are simple, clean and elegant. Robustly built, they offer friendly features and clear controls. We think that the best place for all the complex engineering is on the inside, where decades of research and development go into producing that renowned musical performance.
Exposure is available worldwide from a network of specialist shops run by people who know a thing or two about the complex relationship between people, hi-fi and music. From our ‘twenty’ and ‘XM’ series to our ‘thirty’ and ‘fifty’ series, we hope that you will be as delighted with the price as the sound.
Exposure is proud to be a British company based in the south of England and Exposure products are British from design to finish.
- Large custom made toroidal power transformer and multiple smoothing capacitors for power supply
- Option to fit a MC or MM phono module OR plug in DAC option
- 6 line inputs or 5 plus optional phono card, 2 main out (RCA), 1 XLR main out and 1 tape output
- Available in Black or Titanium
- Made in UK
- Gain (at 1KHz) : +9dB unbalanced output, +15dB balanced output
- Sensitivity : 500mV
- Maximum Output : >9V RMS unbalanced
- Frequency Response : -3dB at 1Hz and 57KHz, ref 1KHz, max volume
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.005% at 1.6V RMS output, 1KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio : >98dB, A weighted, ref 1.6V RMS output, 1KHz
- Channel Separation : >60dB 20Hz to 20Hz (Typically >85dB at 1KHz)
- Outputs : 2 pairs RCA, pre amp output, 1 pair for tape output
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V, 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : <25W
- Dimensions - H x W x D : 90mm x 440mm x 300mm (inc knob)
- Nett Weight (unpacked) : 6kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 8kg
Reviews & Awards