Emotiva XPA-4 Gen3 - Home Theater Four Channel Power Amplifier
When Emotiva set out to make the new X Series line, they analysed everything in every amplifier they've ever made, from front to back, inside, and out. In doing so, they discovered several areas where their years of experience, and advances in audio technology, indicated that they could make significant improvements in their amplifier designs. After carefully weighing all the pros and cons, Emotiva kept the best features of their original designs, added a new set of optimisations and improvements, and the result became the foundation of their new line of audiophile amplifiers. The XPA Gen 3 is a whole new ballgame.
The new XPA Series amplifiers are fully modular and configurable at the time you order them. You can choose any configuration you want, from two to seven channels. All configurations are built on the same chassis, sharing one very robust power supply. If your needs change in the future, you can easily have more channels added. No need to get rid of a perfectly good two channel amplifier when you want to move up to surround sound. Why should you have to buy another amplifier when you’re perfectly happy with your current one, but you need a few more channels?
- Refined and optimized dual differential Class A/B topology.
- Stereo Mode and Mono-Block Mode for exceptional flexibility.
- New precision engineered chassis w/ solid 15mm milled aluminum faceplate Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- High-speed Multi segment bar graph output level meters with clip detect.
- Metering and status LED on/off switches.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Soft start circuitry.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system.
- External trigger turn on and trigger output.
- Soft touch power switch.
- Input: balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA), switchable.
- High current match pair on semi output devices.
- Heavy duty Audiophile quality gold plated 5 way binding posts.
- Number of channels: 4 (stereo mode), 2 (monoblock mode)
- Topology: fully discrete, highly optimised dual differential, high current, short signal path Ultra High Current Class A/B with premium components throughout
Power output (all channels driven):
1000 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (Mono-Block mode)
500 watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohm (0.12% THD)
300 watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohm (0.07% THD)
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.07dB
- Broadband frequency response: : 5Hz to 100kHz, +0 -3dB
- Amplifier gain: 29 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 97 dB
Full power: > 124 dB
balanced: 33 kohms
- Power supply: 1,200VA toroidal transformer with 45,000uF low ESR storage capacitance
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deep
- Weight: 72.6 lbs (83.5 lbs boxed)