ATC CD2 - Audiophile CD Player
In the place of a computer-type or slot-loading drive the CD2 uses the proven high-quality TEAC 5020A- AT transport, which has passed ATC’s rigorous tests with ease.
The DAC is from AKM operating in conjunction with an output filter stage comprising a digital filter and ATC’s own low-noise multiple feedback analogue filter. The CD2’s four gain stages, each comprising 11 discrete components, provide a “true” differential output for the left and right channels. The output stages are configured as unity gain complementary compound (Sziklai) pairs, biased in class A. The positive and negative drivers are arranged in parallel to ensure that signal delays and phase shifts on each side are similar.
Enormous care has been invested in reducing distortion and noise throughout. ATC’s preference for distributed “local” power regulation and decoupling means that no fewer than 9 individually calibrated power regulators are deployed in the circuit design. The digital coax output uses a high-performance isolation transformer to prevent possible hum loops if both audio and digital signals are connected to the same equipment. All PCB track lengths are as short as possible, and grounding and screening is meticulously applied.
- High performance TEAC CD Transport
- Premium AKM 32-bit DAC
- Coaxial & TOSLINK Digital Outputs
- Balanced XLR and Un-balanced RCA outputs
- ATC Discrete class-A output buffers
- Compact Size – 2/3rds width
- Handmade in England
- Maximum Output Level: Phono 9.2V r.m.s XLR 18.4V r.m.s.
- Output Impedance: 10 Ohms
- S+N/N Ratio: Wide Band <96dB DIN <108dB IEC“A” >112dB
- Output XLR CMRR (100Hz – 10kHz): <60dB
- Distortion: 1kHz < 0.0015% (-96dB) 10kHz < 0.003% (-90dB)
- Frequency Response (20Hz–20kHz): +/- 0.2dB
- S/PDIF Outputs: Toslink, Coaxial 2V pk-pk, source, Impedance 75Ohm
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 77 x 315 x 315mm / 3.1 x 12.4 x 12.4˝
- Weight: 4.2kg / 9.24Ilbs
Reviews & Awards