Degritter MARK II Ultrasonic Record Cleaner
Degritter ultrasonic record cleaning machine. The MARK II Degritter offers sophisticated ultrasonic cleaning and smart functionalities for more convenient use.
The core of Degritter is the 120kHz ultrasonic cleaning system. The cleaning bath has four ultrasonic transducers (emitters), two on both sides covering the whole record
You may be familiar with ultrasonic record cleaning machines but the company says that its 120kHz frequency system provides, “…finer and more evenly distributed cleaning action than lower frequency systems. In fact, this technology at even higher frequencies is used to clean parts in the semiconductor industry, where surfaces need to be pure on a molecular level.”
Degritter uses a custom ultrasonic bath with a custom 340W ultrasonic amplifier that has been designed specifically for cleaning vinyl records. Degritter also comes with Frequency Sweep feature, which provides, “…better cavitation energy and power distribution.”
Degritter record cleaning machines come with an “active” filtering solution. Active means that it removes small particles and dirt from the water during the ultrasonic cleaning process. Dirt washed off the record is filtered out of the ultrasonic cleaning bath and it won’t end up back on the record..
The active filtering solution works by circulating water through the filter and then back into the bath while your record is being cleaned. Water is pulled into the filter from the top of the tank in order to remove all floating dust and particles. Heavy particles that settle at the bottom will be pumped out to the external water tank, which has a dedicated sediment section.
While the Degritter is designed to clean 12″ records by default, it’s possible to clean 7″ and 10″ records as well WITH THE OPTIONAL available adaptors.
Pulse Mode – NEW!
Pulse Mode cleaning is a feature offered by the Power Drive 2.0 ultrasonic generator. During pulsing, ultrasonic transducers rapidly switch on and off at high power. This gives enhanced cavitation in water, but keeps the average power consumption low.
The driving frequency of the Power Drive ultrasonic generator sweeps between 120-125 kHz. This evens the cavitation energy distribution in the water, minimizing losses and giving an uniform cleaning action.
The average power output of all the washing programs is 300 W. This makes Degritter the most powerful ultrasonic record cleaner on the market per liter of water. The higher 120 kHz driving frequency keeps your records safe.
- Ultrasonic Power Drive 2.0 – stronger, but safe for the record
- Pulse Mode cleaning – better cleaning effect, low power consumption
- Polished exterior design – in keeping with our high design standards
- Removable water tank with lid
- 100ml of cleaning fluid
- 10 spare open-cell filters
- Fluid dosing pipette
- Water level measurement strip
- AC power cable
- Dimensions 37 × 28 × 21 cm / 14.6 × 11 × 8.3 in
- Weight 9 kg / 20 lbs
- Supported Voltage 100 V – 240 V AC
- Ultrasonic Cleaning 120 kHz / 300 W Frequency Sweep
- Water Tank Removable 1.4 L / 0.37 gal
- Noise Levels 50 dB – 70 dB / Depends on the drying fan power settings
- Cleaning Medium Distilled water plus 1-2 ml of cleaning fluid
- Cleaning Time 5 min – 10 min, Depends on the washing program and drying settings